VOB.remux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper VOB.remux

I purchased DVD Ripper the end of last week and played with a lot of different setting over the weekend. The rip that gave me the best quality and did what I wanted it to do was the vob.remux.
    When I tried to rip something last night, the remux was not there. When I chose vob, the only option was passthrough. It still gives me very good quality, but when I look at the properties it shows a length of 00:00:00 and the file says it is to large to copy to an 8GB flash drive (file is showing as 5.87GB).

My question: What did I screw up?

Thanks!

The problem may be the format of the USB flash drive. If it is FAT32 you can't put a file larger than 4GB on it. If the device will accept NTFS you can format it and you'll have no such limit.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I originally used the VOB format for regular DVDs. However, a few months back I started testing the m2ts format and now have ripped all of my regular DVDs to m2ts format, usually using the audiocopy HQ profile. The advantages here are that now all of my rips (regular and Blu-Ray) are in the same format, I can adjust the resolution and bitrate and it fixes the screwy length field issue on many regular DVDs (many report oddball lengths like 00:00:00 and such that you are seeing). The problem you are seeing is caused by the original DVD not having the correct time stored and you get this with VOB passthrough. I just thought I'd share this tip. I've been extremely happy with the m2ts approach.
      Last edited by jbinkley60; 03-20-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for the responses. I never even thought of the formatting of the flash drive, I was trying to figure out what I had messed up.

I will try that format. The only thing I have to be sure of is making sure it is compatible with my media player. It will play vob with the flash drive connected to the front, but I am not sure about the m2ts format.

Just a question of curiosity. Did I possibly do something for the vob.remux to not be showing any longer?

Thanks again!

Comment

jimintn, I don't find that profile at all either. Are you ripping DVD or Blu-Ray?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

If your flash drive does not offer the option of NTFS then use the detailed instruction on this link to bypass the restrection.

Comment

Originally posted by jimintn View Post
              Thanks to both of you for the responses. I never even thought of the formatting of the flash drive, I was trying to figure out what I had messed up.

I will try that format. The only thing I have to be sure of is making sure it is compatible with my media player. It will play vob with the flash drive connected to the front, but I am not sure about the m2ts format.

Just a question of curiosity. Did I possibly do something for the vob.remux to not be showing any longer?

Thanks again!
              I believe the VOB remux profile causes DVDFab to rewrite/re-encode the VOB file, which then inserts the proper time for the file. With a VOB passthrough it doesn't recode the file and passes through the time from the DVD. At least this was the way itw as explained to me when I first questioned the VOB time length issue. I do know that any profile I use which causes DVDFab to re-encode the file, always has the correct length on it in the file system.

Comment

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Reformatting the flash drive worked perfectly! It is aggravating not to have the time listed on the file, but the vob file gives me the quality I like.

Comment

Working...
                X