Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP4 process freezing....

Setup:
    Machine 1- AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz, 16gig, AMD7970, AMD85x chipsest, Raid0 ssd drives
    Machine 2 - Intel Core2 Quad, 8 gig, Intel Chipset, Nvidia 9300
    Both Machines Win7 x64

Load Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy in DVD drive
    Choose Profile generic.mp4.h264.acc
    -accept defaults
    It will freeze about 20% into the process.

Copy DVD to HD using DVD copy
    - get seperate video_ts and audio_ts folders.
    Now use that to convert to mp4 (same profle).
    It will still freeze about 20% into the process.

Now.. load disk and use DVD Ripper to AVI.
    It works fine.

I now suspect it's DVDFab and not hardware related at all as I originally thought with my home machine (#1).

But what make all this even more strange.. ripping "In Time" straight to same mp4 profile worked....

I hope this helps DVDFab Support/Development.
    Last edited by flir48; 04-04-2012, 03:50 PM.

Hi flir48
    I have moved your post to the correct forum.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi, flir48.
      If its convenient for you, please post your internal log here, thanks.
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I have a couple DVD movies that do this same thing. Will freeze and CPU activity drops to Ø but I can make an AVI with them. I even tried Video Converter AVI to MP4 and it freezes just like the DVD. Most movies work fine but there are specific ones that will not be made into an MP4 period.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm using 8.1.7.3 and I have this exact problem with "Moneyball" and "Jack and Jill" using the generic.mp4.h264.aac profile and selecting 5.1 Multichannel. I tried on previous DVDFab versions, different hardware, and XP/Win7 and get the same freeze.

I have success using the same settings, but selecting Dolby ProLogic II instead of 5.1 Multichannel.

Using generic.mp4.h264.mp3 will finish, but won't work on a ps3.

I tried generic.mkv.h264.aac 5.1Multichannel and it plays just fine on my Samsung TV, but using the same file played from the ps3, the only audio sounds that can be heard are phones ringing, bats cracking, background music, and the occasional background voice.

Comment

Originally posted by dboonthego View Post
            I tried generic.mkv.h264.aac 5.1Multichannel and it plays just fine on my Samsung TV, but using the same file played from the ps3, the only audio sounds that can be heard are phones ringing, bats cracking, background music, and the occasional background voice.
            Just figured out my .MKV issue. I have the HDMI cable from my PS3 going into my receiver, then from the receiver to the TV. The receiver has an HDMI passthru mode which sends audio/video to the tv without requiring the receiver to be turned on. In this mode, I only hear the sound effect track. If the receiver is powered on, I can hear the other audio tracks. There is probably a setting in my receiver to fix this, but at least I know it isn't the file. If the PS3 were directly connected to the TV, I suspect it would work just fine too.

Comment

DVDFAB DVD Ripper Freezing on DVD: Caddyshack

Having the same freezing issue. Checkbox for disable-all-hardware encoding/decoding (force software for all) is set. No lightning recording.

It runs @ approximately 120 fps, then after 10-11% of the ripping process is complete, the DVD appears to spin down, and the speed drops to "0.56fps) (I assume really nothing is happening, CPU goes idle, etc).

I am attaching the relevant logs. And yes, using the latest DVDFAB version as you can see in the log file attached to this post, thanks!

Please advise, thanks!
              ---
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi rinthos
                Do you also have the option to use DVD Copy?
                If not or even if you do try copying the movie to your HDD first and then using the folder on your HDD for your converting.
                Since this is an older movie you should be able to use the Free HD Decrypter if you do not have the option for DVD Copy, copy it to your HDD as Main Movie DVD9 output.
                Give it a try.
                Hope this helps
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

RE: DVDFAB DVD Ripper Freezing on DVD: Caddyshack

Hi rinthos
                  Do you also have the option to use DVD Copy?
                  If not or even if you do try copying the movie to your HDD first and then using the folder on your HDD for your converting.
                  Since this is an older movie you should be able to use the Free HD Decrypter if you do not have the option for DVD Copy, copy it to your HDD as Main Movie DVD9 output.
                  Give it a try.
                  Hope this helps
                  CBR929
                  So I used DVD Copy and ended up with a ~5.6GB output directory (DVD9 output selected). This completed in ~20 minutes. I then launched DVD Ripper and tried to 'rip' that directory structure to a .mp4 (h.264 w/ aac), and once again it hangs @ ~10.5% complete.

I'm attaching a screenshot as well as the logs from this ripper job.

Seems to be a bug w/ regard to DVD Ripper and something about this specific title? Again this rip was from the files on the HDD, so it's definitely not at the optical media layer...

Please advise, thanks!
                  ---
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rinthos View Post
                    Having the same freezing issue. Checkbox for disable-all-hardware encoding/decoding (force software for all) is set. No lightning recording.

It runs @ approximately 120 fps, then after 10-11% of the ripping process is complete, the DVD appears to spin down, and the speed drops to "0.56fps) (I assume really nothing is happening, CPU goes idle, etc).
                    Did you select 5.1 Multichannel? I believe that is the cause of the freeze. Give Dolby ProLogic II a try and see if that works for you.

Comment

Did you select 5.1 Multichannel? I believe that is the cause of the freeze. Give Dolby ProLogic II a try and see if that works for you.
                      Using Dolby Pro Logic II @ 160kbps. Appreciate the suggestion though. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Comment

Same issue with DVD Ripper conversion to MP4 (MAC)

I cannot rip to mp4 (acc) using the last 3 versions (8.1.7.6, 8.1.7.3, and the one prior to that) I can rip ipad (w/acc), iphone, but not mp4 generic with acc. The process hangs at about 40% and never completes.

The tech support that I got from Fengtao asked me to reinstall the DVDFAB for Mac package which I have done about 6 times to no avail.

I used the PC version for several years with zero issues. I purchased the MAC version in December 2011 and it has functioned ok (a few bugs) until this mp4 issue surfaced around 3-5 weeks ago.

I am at my wit's end with this product. Can someone please tell me want files you would need uploaded to diagnose this isse?

Comment

Still occurring on 8.1.7.8 with movie "Caddyshack".

Thanks.

Comment

Install an older version. I have the same .mp4 freezing problem like everyone else. I installed 8.0.5.6 and have had success with all the movies that have failed with the qt versions.

8.0.8.5 is still available for download here: http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm
                            Click the link that says "Tip: 8.0.8.5 is still available here"

When you install the older version make sure you change the default install directory and uncheck the options for quick launch and desktop shortcuts as it will overwrite your shortcuts for the version you already have installed. If you want a desktop shortcut for the 2nd install then browse to the program folder you just created and manually create a shortcut to dvdfab.exe and save it to your desktop.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                            X