Forced subtitles in Star Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Forced subtitles in Star Wars

I am trying to convert all 6 star wars films from blu ray to .mkv, and then from .mkv to .m4v (via another conversion program) so I can add the movies into my iTunes library and play them on my Apple TV. I have done this successfully with several movies and the quality comes out great. My problem is that I can't seem to only get the forced subtitles to appear. I don't want all of the subtitles, only the ones where characters are talking in another language (like when Han is talking to Greedo in the Mos Eisley Cantina).

If anyone out there can offer any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks.

When ripping Blu-Ray do you check the display only forced subpicture option? That should give you what you want, Don't have a ton of experience with the .mkv containers though..

Comment

I tried that. It never seems to work properly. I've tried it about a dozen different ways and it never seems to work out the way I want it to

Comment

You can try BD ripper to iPad.1080p.mp4 with "Display only forced subpicture". Fab will detect the forced subtitle automatically and render it to video.

Comment

BD ripper - iPad

Will BD ripper to iPad create a version that will stream at 1080p on Apple TV??

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
            You can try BD ripper to iPad.1080p.mp4 with "Display only forced subpicture". Fab will detect the forced subtitle automatically and render it to video.
            Thanks for the advice. i'm trying that now. I'll let you know if i'm successful.

Comment

Originally posted by tanker5 View Post
              Will BD ripper to iPad create a version that will stream at 1080p on Apple TV??
              Apple TV just supports 720p for h264 video.

Comment

Apple TV just supports 720p for h264 video.
                Even the latest Apple TV?

Comment

I tried that. I tried it on each of the full length titles on the disc. The closest I can get is either a movie with all subtitles or no subtitles. I can't seem to get only the forced subtitles. The same thing happened when I tried to rip the Avengers also.

Comment

I am also having this subtitle problem with The Avengers from bluray iso and tried a lot of various combinations without success (even with v9 beta).

I'll try again using different software for the ripping that searches for foreign audio and can burn in the subtitles that way.

Cheers,
                    gwl

Comment

I have tested that Star wars 1 to 6 do not have forced subtitles. Please make sure whether the disc have forced subtitles by watch it with no subtitles selected. Thanks.

Comment

One of the discs in the BD box set has two forced subs in the entire movie. Can't remember which one it is, but it didn't add much to the movie as I recall when I converted it for my iPhone4. I haven't converted them all so I can't say about the complete set, but I think Terry5 would have found them.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok. Here's my idea. Being the perfectionist that I am, this is what I would like to do -- no matter how long it takes and how tedious it is, I would like to make a file of All 6 Star Wars movies with the highest quality video capable of being played on my Apple TV.

My idea now is to simply rip two copies and cut and paste the scenes with forced subtitles in (or make my own subtitles on top of a ripped file).

Can anyone recommend an editing program that will let me do this?

Comment

I ripped my Star Wars Blu-Ray Box Set - And there are Forced subtitles - (Not for The Empire Strikes Back as there is no "Alien Speak" in that film).

The Forced subtitles are in either the last or second to last "English" subtitles in the list of available languages. You can test this using the Mini Viewer whilst playing the disk, to check which one it is.

Hope that helps?

Hans

Comment

For the Avengers movie, the forced subs is the last subtitle option for English. Do not check the Forced Subs Only box.

Comment

Working...
                              X