No announcement yet.

DVD/BluRay Ripper - Selected Audio and Subtitle Tracks not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD/BluRay Ripper - Selected Audio and Subtitle Tracks not working

Hi

I''ve recently purchased licenses for DVD and Blu Ray Ripper to convert my collection to MKV's. I'm currently using 9.0.1.6 ripping to the mkv.h264.audiocopy profile but am having a few different problems.

1) When converting a title to MKV, the audio tracks I select don't seem to be carried over in the ripping process.

For example, if in the steams options I have chosen all the English options for audio streams, they are correctly selected for each title. However if I deselect one of those audio streams (for example, a English audio descriptive stream which I don't need), and click "Start", that audio stream still seems to be included.

Similarly, if I choose in my stream options to auto select the first audio track (which in most cases is English), and I manually select any other audio tracks I am interested in, the additional streams I select aren't contained within the MKV.

2) Can't rip a video with PCM/2 audio.

If I have an audio track selected which is PCM/2, when I click start you hear audio (as if it's playing the start of the audio track) then it fails after 2-3 secs.

This in combination with problem 1 is causing me lots of problems as I have a blu ray title with 4 audio streams. 1 x 5.1, 1 x PCM/2, 2 x AC-3/2 Audio Commentaries, all in English. If I deselect PCM/2 and click Start, I get the same failure because even though I've deselected it, I guess DVDFab is autoselecting it when I click start as I have English audio streams preselected in my main stream options.

3) Subtitle selection is acting similarly to problem 1.

If I have no subtitles preselected in the subtitle streams options window, when I manually select subtitles for a title (e.g. foreign film), the subtitle file doesn't get created.

If I have English subtitles preselected in the subtitle streams options, the English subtitles are selected correctly, but always has forced subtitle only selected.

If I have multiple subtitles preselected, they are also selected correctly for each title, but also has the forced subtitle only.

Problems 1 and 3 are causing me problems trying to rip a foreign dvd where I have a English dubbed audio screen, but also want to rip the original audio stream, and include an English subtitle file.

---------------------------------------

I guess the main summary of the issue is that whatever audio/subtitle options are selected in the "streams" screen of the options window override whatever you manually change for each title on the main DVD/BluRay Ripper window. And PCM2 doesn't seem to rip to mkv.h264.audiocopy format.

I've tried so many different combinations to try and narrow down where the problem lies, but consistently can't get exactly what I need. Any ideas?
Working...
X