Rip DVD to MPEG2 file for DLNA player devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Rip DVD to MPEG2 file for DLNA player devices

I want to rip a DVD into a MPEG2 file with AC3 or AAC surround sound and including (direct render) 'danish' subtitle.
    This is to allow file to played by various DLNA players (SONY TV and Blu-Ray, Medion TV) while streaming from my Twonky media server.
    Only common usable format is MPEG2.

Rip from DVD should be loslees as the native DVD MPEG2 stream is in principle usable.

I have tried several times using profile editor. created nwe SONY.DLNA category - but regardless what i do, I end up having a ipod.mp4 profile. And profile fail with error: dvdfab work 1 failed error 500.01

Please help! Version is 8.2.2.6

Have you tried the VOB Passthrough profile? It should produce a usable output for your purpose, although if your devices will not accept the VOB file suffix, you may need to manually change it to MPG. The only shortcoming is that you may not render subtitles into the video in this mode, since there is no re-encoding taking place. The upside of this is that the conversions are very fast.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thx for your quick help. I tried, and it is indeed fast. Also I tried the format on devices, and works out fine.
      Problem is: no subtitles! .idx and .sub files created, but used on playback..

Suggestions?

Comment

Working...
      X