how to turn off subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2D to 3D how to turn off subtitles

I'm still trying to figure out how to turn off subtitles. I have a blu-ray disk with 3 profiles that have the same play time (two have Chapgter 16 and one Chapter 23 -- whatever that means), I tried previewing each and they all show subtitles. I even went top the setup window and check Do Not Preselect Subtitles, then restarted DvDFab 9. No change -- still see the subtitles in preview. Meijer Ad offers some products with mPerks coupons. So I closed down DvDFab and played the movie with a movie player -- it has an option to disable subtitles and when I started the movie no subtitles appeared.

So what is the secret to turn off subtitles?

Originally posted by AncientDragon View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how to turn off subtitles. I have a blu-ray disk with 3 profiles that have the same play time (two have Chapgter 16 and one Chapter 23 -- whatever that means), I tried previewing each and they all show subtitles. I even went top the setup window and check Do Not Preselect Subtitles, then restarted DvDFab 9. No change -- still see the subtitles in preview. So I closed down DvDFab and played the movie with a movie player -- it has an option to disable subtitles and when I started the movie no subtitles appeared.

So what is the secret to turn off subtitles?
    Do you mean when playing back a ripped title, if so it would help to know

1. Whether the subtitles were ripped to seperate .sub/.idx files or burnt into the video
    2. What player you are using to play back the file

Comment

Oh nevermind -- as it turns out it seems to be a problem with DVDFab 9 Preview. The actual ripped file does not contain subtitles.
      Last edited by 90312; 08-01-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Hi,

The subtitle list is not shown when right click the preview after setting "Do not preselect any subtitle" in Common Setting, so...

But you could turn off the subtitle if setting preselect subtitle in common setting, please select None in subtitle lick.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
        Attached Files
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I did that in common settings but preview still showed subtitles. I've learned to just ignore the preview for that purpose.
          Last edited by AncientDragon; 08-02-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I can duplicate this behavior every time.

Start up DvDFab 9 with no disks in the drive. Turn ON pre-select subtitles in common. Then put in a blu-ray disk. After dvdfab has finished reading the blu-ray disk select preview to see that it contains subtitles. Stop the preview, then uncheck subtitle setting on the main window (not in common settings) as shown in the attached thumbnail. Restart preview and subtitles will still be shown.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

You should select None from subtitle list when right click in preview.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

There is no "None" option. Just some check boxes for subtitle languages.

Comment

I was checking this because of this thread and I couldn't make it work either using the Direct Show preview engine so I switched to the internal engine and it works a treat.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X