Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Help with ripping a tv series

Hello
    I have been browsing the forum to see if anyone else has posted about this but can not find one, apologies if it has been covered and I haven't seen it.
    I am trying to rip/copy my series of tour of duty onto my computer. I do not understand how to do this correctly, I just copied the first disc, went into the file location and there's a whole lot of files. There are 5 episodes on the first disc, and it seems like a million files sitting in the folder. What am I doing wrong, and how do I do this right.
    Many thanks in advance for any help

Open up the Ripper section of DVDFab and let it scan the disk. Then check the boxes for the 5 largest files. Verify your rip settings are set the way you like and click Start.

Comment

Copy the whole disk to computer with copy full disk then play the video if using a soft wear player on the computer.If the 5 shows didn't copy to hard drive then turn off path finder in Fab settings then try again to rip it to hard drive then when done just turn pathfinder back on again.

Comment

Re Help with ripping

Thank you both so much. I tried it both ways, and they both work. Very easy to do now that I know how to, I really appreciate your help.

Comment

The way I do it is this:

1) Rip the entire disk to your hard-drive. It eliminates the pause at the layer-break which can cause a/v synch problems.
          2) Open the ripped folder with VLC, and select each episode through the DVD's normal menu. Clicking the "playback" menu on VLC while the episode is playing will tell you exactly which title goes with which episode
          3) Hit the "previous title" button ( |<< ) to return to the main menu and select the next episode until you have all the episode title numbers identified.

Just grabbing the biggest titles won't always give you the correct results, as some series will include a title which combines all the episodes into one, others have special features that are pretty huge, and some even have the same episode appear multiple times under different title numbers. For example, you may only have 4 episodes on a disk, but have 8 large titles - one is all four episodes together, and three are just duplicates. Better to confirm which titles are associated with which episodes and only compile those to save a lot of time and space.

Also, I notice that on some series, the various episodes aren't always together and they aren't always in numerical order. Knowing which titles goes with which episode will help you get the names correct.

Comment

Working...
          X