M2TS passthrough v MKV passthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) M2TS passthrough v MKV passthrough

Just wondering if one has better quality than the other.

If not worried about the size of the file is it better to use M2TS?

m2ts pass-through is a choice in blu ray ripper.MKV use's a smaller picture frame some people prefer m2ts as it looks better on 60 inch screens and projection screens smaller screens you may not tell the difference.Their are some advantages of MKV as it keeps chapter markers m2ts doesn't and MKV you can use with other helper programs if you like to change the subtitles but some devices don't support MKV so try both out and see what you prefer on your playback device.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by glenns; 01-13-2014, 05:31 PM.

Comment

MKV Passthrough DOES NOT use a smaller frame!!!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        MKV Passthrough DOES NOT use a smaller frame!!!
        I have so far only ripped using MKV passthrough and it plays at the same bit rate as the actual Blu-ray and the PQ seems as good to me.

That's what made me wonder what benefits M2TS has seeing it is an option in DVDFab.

Comment

GregiBoy:You know I think your right about the frame size now that I think more about it.

If you take the same blu ray h264 make a mkv and a m2ts pass through the m2ts will always be larger.Because containers have nothing to do with compression how do you account for the m2ts always being bigger in size?

Yobbo:Some devices don't play MKV Fab gives you plenty of choices.

Comment

Perhaps only one sub & audio track to the MKV and also maybe container overheads.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

When not using pass through is the frame size smaller?

Comment

Depends what resolution you choose and whether you don't crop. crop or autocrop (ie black surrounds are cropped)

And in the case of DVD's whether they are anamorphic or not.

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                When not using pass through is the frame size smaller?

Comment

Working...
                X