No forced subtitles in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) No forced subtitles in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

I can rip the Blu-Ray movie into MKV with no problems. I like to directly render the forced subtitles into the MKV because I then put the MKV on my Plex Media server so I can stream to any TV in the house.

If I tell it to remux it, it works, but the video will start pausing and stopping due to Plex having to decode and stream both the movie and the subtitles. Hence, I like to render them directly into the video itself so plex doesn't have to render the subtitles.

This has worked for every movie I own until now. After getting Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, the only way I can get the forced subtitles to work, is to remux them, but then, as I stated, the video will stutter and pause while streaming as well as when viewing directly on the machine through Plex media player.

Any ideas on this? As I said, this has worked for all my other movies, but not DOTPOTA.

Thanks!

BTW, the only way this works is if I do all titles. If I check only forced titles, it won't show up when rendered directly into the video. But, this has worked on other Blu-Rays, so maybe they didn't encode them the same way?

Comment

You are choosing the wrong sub stream. The one to use is the 3rd English stream, at the very bottom (scroll down to see it). The subs in it are forced, so you can choose the Forced Only box, but the apespeak translations seem to be the only subs in the stream, so you can just select it to be included and select Direct Render. Screen capture attached. Your posts in another thread about this topic will be deleted.
      Attached Files
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        You are choosing the wrong sub stream. The one to use is the 3rd English stream, at the very bottom (scroll down to see it). The subs in it are forced, so you can choose the Forced Only box, but the apespeak translations seem to be the only subs in the stream, so you can just select it to be included and select Direct Render. Screen capture attached. Your posts in another thread about this topic will be deleted.
        Awesome. I thought I had tried that, but maybe not? In any case, just tested chapter 2 and yes, it did work.

I'll have to remember this from now on.

Comment

What you have to remember is that translation subtitles are done slightly differently on almost every disc, for reasons that are unknowable. Be prepared to experiment. DVDFab's preview window is a good tool to help figure it out.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am also trying to rip a back-up copy with the ape subtitles visible and have read your helpful instructions. My disc has four movie "versions" listed. I have tried all of them thru preview with the bottom subtitle on. I cannot get any of them, in preview, to show the subtitles you show on your attachment?
            Where can I find the Direct Render selection? I tried the various set up options but cannot find a Direct Render option?
            I will try ripping a copy of each of the versions of the movie with the sub titles all on to see if one works.

Comment

The capture was from regular playback of the ripped title, not the Preview window, but that works also as shown in this new capture.

The Direct Render to Video choice is at the bottom of the Advanced Settings page but it is not an option if you have more than one subtitle stream selected. As the Highlander says, there can be only one. BD Ripper chooses Title 800.
              Attached Files

Comment

I do not have a BD version of this movie and I have tried everything I can think of to get the Ape subtitles to work with no success. IN the preview window when I select the 2nd English subtitles it gives me Spanish subtitles

Comment

Note that it is the third English subs in the BD, I have the DVD also and will check it.

Comment

It is the second English stream in the DVD. If you select only that stream and select Display only Forced and Direct render to Video, it works in Ripper fine, however the forced subs do not always display if you rip the movie to your HDD using DVD Copy and play it with a software player. I am still experimenting with it and will send it to the developers but Ripper should be fine. Post again if not.

Comment

settings

With regards to Dawn of the planet of the apes, the "second English needs to be set, direct rendering and forced sub titles only. Would this be the same for Dances with Wolves or any other? I ask this because I have had nothing but trouble with X-men first class and a few others yet "most wanted man" came out perfect with no change to the standard (remux with forced subtitles and English 1)

Is it hit or miss meaning each movies may have a different setting? If so, can you list all the "potential settings"?

Thank you in advacne,
                      Flettster

Comment

I have this same issue with "The Equalizer". "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" worked fine. I was able to figure that one out, but no matter what I try to do on "The Equalizer", I cannot force the Russian captions unless I do ALL the captions. (subtitles)

Comment

You mean all (checking all language boxes) or "normal and forced" subtitles instead of "forced subtitles only". Sounds like a page is required or "topic" for ripping specific movies since many seem to have custom settings.
                          Last edited by Flettster; 01-03-2015, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Yeah, it doesn't even show up as a "forced caption". Just two normal captions appear in the ripping process. I guess they are integrating more of the subtitles into the video these days, whereby DVDFab cannot separate them.

Comment

Thanks Collin. I appreciate your your feedback. These boards are critical to better understanding what needs to be done with less aggravation. I expect the DVDFab team is doing there best to stay ahead of the changes. Hopefully the preview window helps as described by the administrator.

I still think a "topic" needs to be created for each movie requiring subtitles which best explains what steps need to be made since they are continually changing.

Comment

Working...
                              X