MKV PGS Subtitles broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MKV PGS Subtitles broken

I have placement and cut issues with PGS subtitles when ripping BD. Could you guys investigate that?

There is a screenshot showing the issue there:
    MKV Bluray ripped with DVDFab using PGS subtitles I get a lot of the following issue. Tried different splitters without joy. Anyone can get subtitles work proper with MKV? Should I use MP4 rather than MKV? What's your favorite container btw?

Those issues are further described there:
    I'm using DVDFab and I used to rip into AVI with external subtitles. However I've had issues where subtitles stop working after some time in long running movies. I think Istick to AVI such a long time for better compatibility, notably subtitles compatibility in WMC. However WMC has become rather...

It's probably an issue with DVDFab since it happens with different BDs and all the player I tested are affected sometimes in different ways VLC, PowerDVD14, MediaPortal...
    Last edited by Slion; 12-17-2014, 09:34 PM.

Hi, I have forwarded this issue to developers, thanks for your feedback.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Thanks, could they reproduce the issue?

Comment

Would you updated to the latest version V9182 and try again?

We did some fix in the version.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Did some testing using that beta but the missing/cut subtitle issue remains.
          Sub timing was also funny during that test.

Comment

Slion,

Out of interest, which software media player did you use to capture your screen shots?
            I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
            I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
              Slion,

Out of interest, which software media player did you use to capture your screen shots?
              MediaPortal, I think, but the PGS issue is not player specific. It's definitly a DVDFab encoding bug.

Guys, I never bothered providing you encoding sample. Just pick any scene in any movie where there is a bit of dialog involving two or three lines of subtitle and that will reproduce the issue. Your PGS encoding is just broken, maybe you should disable that feature if you are not planning to get it fixed. We keep on getting users complaining about it on our MediaPortal forums.

To reproduce:
              Get a BD movie and find a scene where there is some talking.
              MKV rip with PGS
              Play the scene in VLC or any player and see how subs are broken.

Good luck with that.

Comment

Thanks, but that's exactly what I have done which works just fine, both when remuxing and encoding to MKV.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
                MultiShrink
                : DVD Shrink batch processing
                Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Ok, I could get this to work with MediaPortal yesterday so it looks like the issue is player specific rather than a DVDFab issue.

Comment

So this is still not working after all.

Comment

Have you tried "extract to idx\sub file"?. That will give you 3 files. Place them in a folder and do not change the names of any of the 3 files. The folder can have any name you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
                        Have you tried "extract to idx\sub file"?. That will give you 3 files. Place them in a folder and do not change the names of any of the 3 files. The folder can have any name you want.
                        Yeah that's working but I PGS subtitles are much better since they do appear the way the movie maker wanted them to.

Comment

DVDFab bug

Alright so this is definitely a DVDFab bug after all. I provided the DVDFab team with samples hopefully they will be able to look into it.

I tried ripping using MakeMKV and it does get the PGS subtitles working where DVDFab fails.

Guys you ought to look into this.

Comment

Working...
                          X