X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slion
    started a topic MKV PGS Subtitles broken

MKV PGS Subtitles broken

I have placement and cut issues with PGS subtitles when ripping BD. Could you guys investigate that?

There is a screenshot showing the issue there:
    http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/th...ng-cut.128874/

Those issues are further described there:
    http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/th.../#post-1115442

It's probably an issue with DVDFab since it happens with different BDs and all the player I tested are affected sometimes in different ways VLC, PowerDVD14, MediaPortal...
    Last edited by Slion; 12-17-2014, 09:34 PM.

• Slion
    replied
    DVDFab bug

Alright so this is definitely a DVDFab bug after all. I provided the DVDFab team with samples hopefully they will be able to look into it.

I tried ripping using MakeMKV and it does get the PGS subtitles working where DVDFab fails.

Guys you ought to look into this.

Leave a comment:

• Slion
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffie View Post
    Have you tried "extract to idx\sub file"?. That will give you 3 files. Place them in a folder and do not change the names of any of the 3 files. The folder can have any name you want.
    Yeah that's working but I PGS subtitles are much better since they do appear the way the movie maker wanted them to.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffie
    replied
    Have you tried "extract to idx\sub file"?. That will give you 3 files. Place them in a folder and do not change the names of any of the 3 files. The folder can have any name you want.

Leave a comment:

• Slion
    replied
    So this is still not working after all.

Leave a comment:

• Slion
    replied
    Ok, I could get this to work with MediaPortal yesterday so it looks like the issue is player specific rather than a DVDFab issue.

Leave a comment:

• Chetwood
    replied
    Thanks, but that's exactly what I have done which works just fine, both when remuxing and encoding to MKV.

Leave a comment:

• Slion
    replied
    Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
    Slion,

Out of interest, which software media player did you use to capture your screen shots?
    MediaPortal, I think, but the PGS issue is not player specific. It's definitly a DVDFab encoding bug.

Guys, I never bothered providing you encoding sample. Just pick any scene in any movie where there is a bit of dialog involving two or three lines of subtitle and that will reproduce the issue. Your PGS encoding is just broken, maybe you should disable that feature if you are not planning to get it fixed. We keep on getting users complaining about it on our MediaPortal forums.

To reproduce:
    Get a BD movie and find a scene where there is some talking.
    MKV rip with PGS
    Play the scene in VLC or any player and see how subs are broken.

Good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• SeeMoreDigital
    replied
    Slion,

Out of interest, which software media player did you use to capture your screen shots?

Leave a comment:

• Slion
    replied
    Did some testing using that beta but the missing/cut subtitle issue remains.
    Sub timing was also funny during that test.

Leave a comment:

• Wilson.Wang
    replied
    Would you updated to the latest version V9182 and try again?
    http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.ph...309#post171309

We did some fix in the version.

Wilson

Leave a comment:

• Slion
    replied
    Thanks, could they reproduce the issue?

Leave a comment:

• Ning
    replied
    Hi, I have forwarded this issue to developers, thanks for your feedback.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X