Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - subtitles

I cannot get the forced subtitles to show up on play back.
    Regardless of which audio stream I select, it's not working right.

the second English choice, and I choose display forced only..shows subtitles all the time, and of course shows none if I don't select that.

the first English choice doesn't appear to work either using same choices...

any ideas?

have you tired Direct Render to video option you have to click on advanced settings

Comment

Options...

Yes..it's set to direct render...

Comment

The one thing you can guarantee with subtitles is that all studios author them differently and this can be a real PITA.

What I do is use "Subtitle Edit" (Free Download) to inspect titles that cause me problems to see what is actually going on.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yep, fab forced subtitle processing cannot be counted on because there are too many ways to handle subtitles. What I do is select all English subtitles then when fab is done I use mkvextract to extract all subs. Then I use subtitle edit to check them out. If the forced subs are in a dedicated stream I then use mkvmerge to edit the header and set the forced flag on that stream. If they are embedded, I extract them into their own stream then use mkvmerge to mux it in with the forced flag set. Bit of a pain but it's the best way I found to always get it right. Forget which tool I use to extract embedded subtitles, I think it's bdsup2sub or something like that.

Comment

I'm using the Blu-ray 2D version. Main title is 800. There are some forced subtitles in chapter 4. (12 mins later)

Not sure that used the same Blu-ray version with yours.

I got the forced subtitle only when select the first English subtitle track and select "Direct render to video" output.

Wilson
            Attached Files
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles subtitles

I can tell you from my own experience, it matters which media player you are using to play the end results. I myself use Media Player Classic as my default media player and in about 50% of cases the subtitles work fine but in the other 50% MPC won't play subtitles from the DVDFab ripp fyi I use the extract to IDX / Subtitle files. But usually in instances where MPC failed to play the subtitles, I find that VLC works fine. So if you aren't using VLC but some other media player then I suggest you try VLC.

- Norm

Comment

Originally posted by eisenb11 View Post
                Yep, fab forced subtitle processing cannot be counted on because there are too many ways to handle subtitles. What I do is select all English subtitles then when fab is done I use mkvextract to extract all subs. Then I use subtitle edit to check them out. If the forced subs are in a dedicated stream I then use mkvmerge to edit the header and set the forced flag on that stream. If they are embedded, I extract them into their own stream then use mkvmerge to mux it in with the forced flag set. Bit of a pain but it's the best way I found to always get it right. Forget which tool I use to extract embedded subtitles, I think it's bdsup2sub or something like that.
                What subtitle format do you use for the final MKV file, I've done this using .srt subs (plain text) and this frequently cause my MKV player (Windows Media center with LAV) to crash when the first subtitles are encountered.

Comment

Working...
                X