Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2D to 3D Bits/Pixel

Hello,
    I can't find any information on the Bits/Pixel setting. I would like the highest possible quality conversion/rip. I notice that the "High Quality" presets this to .15, but I have the option to move this up to .5. This seems like a big difference. Can anyone help me understand this better?

It also makes the files larger. The more bits per pixel, the better the video quality but anything over .3 for a small screen size (as you have requested in your other thread) is probably overkill for a DVD source.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      ...but anything over .3 for a small screen size (as you have requested in your other thread)...
      Hello, thanks for your reply. What other thread you are referring to?

My resolution is 1080 and my screen size is a 55" display. What would be the optimal Bits/Pixel setting for this to achieve the maximum quality?

Can you provide a more technical explanation? I realize that higher bits/pixel theoretically yields better results, but I would like to know more about this.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DVFabCR View Post
        Hello,
        I can't find any information on the Bits/Pixel setting. I would like the highest possible quality conversion/rip....
        Is there any particular reason why you don't simply extract and use the original video stream?

Cheers
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
          Is there any particular reason why you don't simply extract and use the original video stream?
          Hi,
          I'm trans-coding to MP4 for playback from an iTunes Server. I know this is a lossy format, but iTunes requires this format, and I would like to retain as much quality as possible.

Disk space is not a concern. The file size can be as large as necessary.

I have been trans-coding at the maximum setting of .5 bits/pixel, but I don't know if that's correct. I just did it because I assumed it would give me the highest quality. A Bluray movie typically comes out to be about 20GB size after conversion. The quality has been excellent.

I'm open to suggestion, bearing in mind that it has to be iTunes compatible and retain highest quality possible.

Comment

Working...
          X