Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) (Almost) duplicate titles

Hi

Often when ripping Blurays of TV shows, I get duplicate titles for the same episode (e.g. one named "Title 2" and one named "Title 1002").
    They both contain the same number of audio tracks and subtitles, run for the same length -and when ripped seem to be identical (I can't really compare frame by frame or check for sequence errors).

However, the Title 1002 one has chapters (e.g. one after the intro, a few in the middle, one before the credits), which the Title 2 lacks. Therefore the files aren't 100% identical (different MD5 hash).

How can I know which title is the correct one and how could I test if they both contain the same audio and video?

Originally posted by urbanhusky View Post
    Hi

Often when ripping Blurays of TV shows, I get duplicate titles for the same episode (e.g. one named "Title 2" and one named "Title 1002").
    They both contain the same number of audio tracks and subtitles, run for the same length -and when ripped seem to be identical (I can't really compare frame by frame or check for sequence errors).

However, the Title 1002 one has chapters (e.g. one after the intro, a few in the middle, one before the credits), which the Title 2 lacks. Therefore the files aren't 100% identical (different MD5 hash).

How can I know which title is the correct one and how could I test if they both contain the same audio and video?

I don't think there is anyway to tell, some TV show disks are particularly bad. I always pick one set of numbers, and go with that. So if there are tracks 1,2,3,4 and 1001,1002,1003,1004 I just go with one of those sets.

Comment

Title to episode

Along the same lines. Is there a file on the Blu-Ray disk that would list the Play order of titles if Play all is selected. I have a Blu-Ray that has one title that is all episodes merged into one title. The disk also has each episode separately. Without actually ripping all titles then playing the full file to identify each separate episode so they can be assigned the correct episode number. It would be great if you could tell from one other file somewhere on the disk which title is which episode. A lot of disks have the titles in order but not all.

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X