Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

300 FPS on some titles, 10ish FPS on others??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 300 FPS on some titles, 10ish FPS on others??

Hello! I am new to the ripper part of DVDfab but have been using copy for years. Why is it many titles I am able to encode using H.265 at around 300 FPS yet some titles seem to hover in the 10-12 FPS range or slower when being accessed over a network drive?

For instance, when accessing BDMV folders from a network share (from UnRaid server) and encoding, and writing back to a different network share all at the same time I typically see around 250 FPS. However some movies, for instance The Matrix, I was seeing less than 1 FPS. Pull the file over to my machines SSD, encode to the SSD, and I see over 300 FPS (and that was while another instance was encoding 150 FPS over the network) This is the same title that was 1 FPS over the network.

I don't understand why certain titles being encoded slow to a crawl when being accessed over the network yet most don't. Any ideas?

System used for encoding is Asus X-99 platform, Intel 5820K overclocked to 4.5GHz, 32GB DDR4, MSI GTX 970, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, and using an UnRaid Server.
Working...
X