Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to make Full SBS from 3D BluRay for 4k passive TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Possible to make Full SBS from 3D BluRay for 4k passive TV?

I have no problem creating Half SBS rips from my Avatar BR-DVD, but I recently purchased an LG 4K Passive 3D TV and would like to be able to stream Full SBS to it.

However, I can't figure out which settings in DVDFab 9 to use.

Is it possible?

Thanks!

You can make a full frame 3d movie from a 3d blu ray by loading a movie in ripper and selecting a 3d format I use 3dmkv then after the movie is loaded in Fab you hit the advanced settings button on the left side and near the bottom is a pull down where you select 1/2 or full frame this will make a full frame out of a letter boxed movie i believe it stretches it to fill the whole frame.

You can also select in ripper one of the 3d 4k profiles such as 3dmkv 4K this will up convert the 3d movie to 4k but for both you will need a power computer as it's very slow even on a I-7 computer.I would check with your 3d tv to see if it can also up convert blu rays to 4k if so then you can save a lot of converting time.Also when up converting the picture won't be anything like having the real 4k resolution of a 4k disk.
    Last edited by 3dman; 05-22-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
      You can make a full frame 3d movie from a 3d blu ray by loading a movie in ripper and selecting a 3d format I use 3dmkv then after the movie is loaded in Fab you hit the advanced settings button on the left side and near the bottom is a pull down where you select 1/2 or full frame this will make a full frame out of a letter boxed movie i believe it stretches it to fill the whole frame.

You can also select in ripper one of the 3d 4k profiles such as 3dmkv 4K this will up convert the 3d movie to 4k but for both you will need a power computer as it's very slow even on a I-7 computer.I would check with your 3d tv to see if it can also up convert blu rays to 4k if so then you can save a lot of converting time.Also when up converting the picture won't be anything like having the real 4k resolution of a 4k disk.
      Thanks so much for the quick reply.

When I go to the advanced settings, under the 3D Format dropdown boxes, I only get L/R (Half Size 50%) and T/B (Half Size 50%) under the options for split screen.

Not sure why. Any thoughts?
      Attached Files

Comment

In the 4k profile you don't get that choice only in the regular 3d profile's.

Comment

Working...
        X