No announcement yet.

Audio Channels: Mono or Stereo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio Channels: Mono or Stereo?

Dear everyone,

I updated my DVDFab to the latest, and I am looking at the Advanced Settings and inside, under Audio it has two types of channels, Mono and Stereo.

I wonder which one is default and which one has the higher quality for audio?

What are some differences between the two?

Thank you so much guys.

PS. I have attached a screenshot in this thread. Thank you!!
    Attached Files

Please help me

Comment

Stereo is 2 channel sound mono is one channel sound.Fab normally picks the best soundtrack unless you change it.Depending on the movie their are many better soundtracks you can use or copy all of them and choice which you want to play with the playback device.If you check audio copy in advanced settings Fab will copy all the soundtracks in copy mode or just the ones you want it all depends on what you doing.You need to read how to use the program and what you can do with each module here on Fabs front page to get a better understanding http://www.dvdfab.cn/tutorial.

Comment

Thank you. What I am trying to do here is ripping a DVD.

So if my DVD is a mono, and I force it to stereo, does that make my sound of my DVD worse quality?

Comment

If you can do such a thing the mono sound will come out of 2 speakers instead of one.It really won't be stereo just monox2 speakers.Will it sound worse I don't think so why not try ripping the movie to hard drive and play with a media player and see before burning to disk.

Comment

Working...
          X