Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't we customize MKV profiles anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2D to 3D Why can't we customize MKV profiles anymore??

I'm using DVDFAB 10.0.1.6 and trying to rip The Conjuring 2 using MKV but there's no way to adjust the profile settings so that I can passthrough the audio (keep Dolby Atmos).

The only way to keep Dolby Atmos is to use the MKV Passthrough Profile but that copies the video portion 1:1.

In DVDFAB 9.3.2.1, I was able to customize the MKV profile so that it would convert the video to H264 High Quality and Copy the audio.

Is there anyway to customize the MKV profile so that I do what I did in DVDFAB 9, convert video but passthrough Audio?

Photos attached to show profile properties.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post
    I'm using DVDFAB 10.0.1.6 and trying to rip The Conjuring 2 using MKV but there's no way to adjust the profile settings so that I can passthrough the audio (keep Dolby Atmos).

The only way to keep Dolby Atmos is to use the MKV Passthrough Profile but that copies the video portion 1:1.

In DVDFAB 9.3.2.1, I was able to customize the MKV profile so that it would convert the video to H264 High Quality and Copy the audio.

Is there anyway to customize the MKV profile so that I do what I did in DVDFAB 9, convert video but passthrough Audio?

Photos attached to show profile properties.
    Hi,

Please check image attached for info about advanced settings window.

Regards,
    mona
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mona; 12-19-2016, 10:22 AM. Reason: Add image

Comment

I'm trying to copy a couple of different DVD's and I don't see that advance option anywhere. I'm looking for the wrench but it doesn't exist.

Comment

I tried every way I could think of and can't make it not appear. I would uninstall it and scrub the registry with Ccleaner or something similar, download the installer and run as administrator and give it a try.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Mona, You suggest using Advanced Settings in the Passthrough modes. I have tried that for both MKV and MP4, in DVDfab 10.1.7. The problem is you cannot modify either the video codecs or audio. If you could choose the video codec to be used and allow the audio to pass through, it would be great. You could get compressed video with full Atmos and TrueHD 7.1 audio,

Comment

I uncheck everything except 7.1 from the source and then pass the audio through in the MKV profile. H.264 compressed video and 7.1 audio.
            Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

BTW I had always remove HD audio checked in common settings and it automatically created an AC3 5.1 audio track as well as the 7.1, I unchecked that box and only 7.1 audio was passed through to the MKV. See attached:
              Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Is this using the MKV pass through or MKV default and just passing through the audio?
                MKV Pass through keeps both audio and video same as source.
                MKV default will let you keep either the audio or video.
                I think the original poster was not getting the advanced options icon on the screen, as others have had this problem with screen scaling.
                Last edited by CBR929; 12-30-2016, 08:47 PM.
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Compressing video H.264 and passing through audio. Seemed to me what the OP was looking for pal.

Albert Einstein

Comment

What profile did you us? Pass through or default to customized it to what you wanted.
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

c5butch can you see this wrench symbol? That's how you set the advanced settings.
                      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

90312 and CBR929, thanks for the reply. I was working with Passthrough because in the Forum there are a few posts that say the way to get Atmos/7.1 is using that profile. If I select MKV or MKV265 profiles the analyzed audio for the main movie does show as Atmos 7.1, but if I go to advanced settings for that track the choices for audio decoder does not include a 7.1 choice. 5.1 is the max number of channels available. I have been assuming the advanced settings take precedent. That may have been a bad assumption, but reasonable.

So, I am ripping Star Trek Beyond again using the MKV265 and left the audio and advanced settings alone. I will test it out after it is done. The expected file size for high quality video is about 6GB. That is small enough for me. Now I only need it to have 7.1 included in it.

Comment

Try when you select the source disc you uncheck all other audio tracks except 7.1. I just tried H.265 with 7.1 and it worked.
                          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

90312 - BTW, yes I not only see the wrench I have used for a long time. I have tried both passthrough and default profiles for both MKV and MP4. In both profiles in the title line of DVDfab10 ripping screen I see Atmos 7.1, but in the Advanced Settings screen for that title I only get "same as source" for the video and audio. If I use the default (for either format) I see Atmos 7.1 listed in the title line, but the Advance Settings only offers 5.1 max.

I re-ripped Star Trek Beyond leaving the Adv Set screen alone and I got another rip in 5.1, not 7.1

It might be that my DVDfab has a problem as CBR929 seems to suggest. This problem existed with every version DVDfab10. I'm going to go play with DVDfab9 and see what it offers.

This raises the question, does DVDfab use software codecs or hardware in the ripping pc? The PC is an i7 Intel quad core machine with Intel graphics. I have not added any graphics or audio to it, as I use it mostly as a server for my home and do all my ripping on it. I don't view movies on it. I prefer my 75" UHD and Denon system.
                            Last edited by c5butch; 12-31-2016, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Here are screen shots of the Title screen and the Adv Settings. You will see the Title is 7.1 Atmos and the Adv Settings only offers 5.1
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X