Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't we customize MKV profiles anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FQs19
    replied
    Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
    Is this using the MKV pass through or MKV default and just passing through the audio?
    MKV Pass through keeps both audio and video same as source.
    MKV default will let you keep either the audio or video.
    I think the original poster was not getting the advanced options icon on the screen, as others have had this problem with screen scaling.
    It may be a screen scaling problem but every setting I've tried with scaling, no scaling, different % of scaling, none of them give me that wrench icon.

My windows 10 pc is attached to a Samsung KS9000 tv.
    So maybe I'll try attaching it to a pc monitor next to see if I get that wrench icon.

Thanks again for the help.

Leave a comment:

• FQs19
    replied
    Originally posted by Mona View Post
    Hi,

Please check image attached for info about advanced settings window.

Regards,
    mona
    Thanks for the image, but I don't have those options on my screen.
    Not sure why.
    I even updated to .7 and still don't see those option icons.

Leave a comment:

replied
    My iPad will play MKV files but not 7.1 audio, not many hand held devices will.

Leave a comment:

• c5butch
    replied
    Yeah, I have actually already done that. I was just wondering why one would choose anything else. All systems can take 7.1 and convert to what they need.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Look at your screenshot above. In the upper right corner is "save my profile" and you can use that as default.

Leave a comment:

• c5butch
    replied
    90312, SUCCESS! Terrific. Thank you that was the last key. Watched Guardians of the Galaxy, IronMan3, and On Stranger Tides all in TrueHD or Atmos 7.1 The rips do take a long time. Anywhere form 2.5 to 3.5hrs. Am I doing something else wrong?

This begs the question, why not just set it up that way for every rip? Simply pass through the audio directly from the movie?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Click this to pass it through to the MKV:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• c5butch
    replied
    Here are screen shots of the Title screen and the Adv Settings. You will see the Title is 7.1 Atmos and the Adv Settings only offers 5.1
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• c5butch
    replied
    90312 - BTW, yes I not only see the wrench I have used for a long time. I have tried both passthrough and default profiles for both MKV and MP4. In both profiles in the title line of DVDfab10 ripping screen I see Atmos 7.1, but in the Advanced Settings screen for that title I only get "same as source" for the video and audio. If I use the default (for either format) I see Atmos 7.1 listed in the title line, but the Advance Settings only offers 5.1 max.

I re-ripped Star Trek Beyond leaving the Adv Set screen alone and I got another rip in 5.1, not 7.1

It might be that my DVDfab has a problem as CBR929 seems to suggest. This problem existed with every version DVDfab10. I'm going to go play with DVDfab9 and see what it offers.

This raises the question, does DVDfab use software codecs or hardware in the ripping pc? The PC is an i7 Intel quad core machine with Intel graphics. I have not added any graphics or audio to it, as I use it mostly as a server for my home and do all my ripping on it. I don't view movies on it. I prefer my 75" UHD and Denon system.
    Last edited by c5butch; 12-31-2016, 05:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Try when you select the source disc you uncheck all other audio tracks except 7.1. I just tried H.265 with 7.1 and it worked.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• c5butch
    replied
    90312 and CBR929, thanks for the reply. I was working with Passthrough because in the Forum there are a few posts that say the way to get Atmos/7.1 is using that profile. If I select MKV or MKV265 profiles the analyzed audio for the main movie does show as Atmos 7.1, but if I go to advanced settings for that track the choices for audio decoder does not include a 7.1 choice. 5.1 is the max number of channels available. I have been assuming the advanced settings take precedent. That may have been a bad assumption, but reasonable.

So, I am ripping Star Trek Beyond again using the MKV265 and left the audio and advanced settings alone. I will test it out after it is done. The expected file size for high quality video is about 6GB. That is small enough for me. Now I only need it to have 7.1 included in it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    c5butch can you see this wrench symbol? That's how you set the advanced settings.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CBR929
    replied
    What profile did you us? Pass through or default to customized it to what you wanted.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Compressing video H.264 and passing through audio. Seemed to me what the OP was looking for pal.

Leave a comment:

• CBR929
    replied
    Is this using the MKV pass through or MKV default and just passing through the audio?
    MKV Pass through keeps both audio and video same as source.
    MKV default will let you keep either the audio or video.
    I think the original poster was not getting the advanced options icon on the screen, as others have had this problem with screen scaling.
    Last edited by CBR929; 12-30-2016, 08:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X