Blu-ray Ripper is failing directly from disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Ripper is failing directly from disc

Lately I'm having trouble ripping Blu-ray directly from disc. It starts out fine, with the encoding fps starting around 90, dropping to around 75, and then slowly increasing to 150 or greater. But when it gets up to somewhere above 50% it stalls. The fps drops quickly until it reaches 0, but the software doesn't stop (it keeps counting time elapsed). I have to stop it, and even then it doesn't really stop, so I have to use Task Manager to close it. This has happened with six discs so far, all from different sources, and a few have ripped properly in the past (I lost some files on a bad HDD).

I hadn't used the ripper for a while and this started with 10.0.5.1, so I uninstalled it and went back to the last version I had, but that didn't fix it. Neither did updating to 10.0.5.2.

The only hardware change I've made is a pci-e x1 card with USB 3.0 ports, because the Windows 10 driver for USB 3.0 keeps failing and my motherboard doesn't have updated an driver for Windows 10. But I don't use USB for rips, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I use CUDA with Lighting-Shrink enabled, but changing to Software doesn't make any difference.

I don't think it's a problem with the disc, because if I leave it in the drive Passkey will rip to HDD without problems. And Blu-ray Ripper works from HDD without problems. It only stalls when I rip directly from the disc.

From information in another thread about ripper problems, I deleted dvdfab_internal.log and let the software create a new one, but it didn't fix the problem. I'm attaching that new log file to this post.

I hope there's a solution. It's not a huge deal to rip with Passkey and then with DVDFab, but it takes more time.
    Attached Files

Try it with version 9 of fab seems ripper in version 10 has some trouble with older movies and blu path version 9 doesn't use blu path.Are you changing the resolution to 720P? If yes try leaving resolution alone at 1080p and try again with version 10.Also seems one of your try's had a lot of read errors in it clean the disk before you try again if it's damaged forget it try another.
    Last edited by 3dman7; 08-21-2017, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Yes please answer the question did you change resolutions to 720 P?
      Try it in version 9 so we can see if it's the blupath issue you can get version 9 on Fabs front page.Playing back a disk is different than trying to copy it.Passkey must be off if Fab is running.
      Last edited by 3dman7; 08-21-2017, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I answered your question in PM. I've been using 720p because it works better with my tablet, which is the main reason I use Fab. But I'll try a run at 1080.

I didn't know Passkey should be off if Fab is running. I thought Passkey had to process the disc before Fab could handle it, but I'll try that. I also have 9 and will try that, too. Some of the discs that didn't work are newer than 9, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Comment

Fab has it's own decryption.Conflicts occur when two ripper software's are running at the same time.
          Last edited by 3dman7; 08-21-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

I ran a few discs that didn't work before with Passkey turned off and even at 720p they process fast and completely. So having Passkey on was the problem. I changed the setting so it doesn't load automatically with Windows, so I don't run into that again. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Your welcome glad to help you.

Comment

Working...
              X