No announcement yet.

Better way to rip Chuck season 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Better way to rip Chuck season 2?

I'm trying to rip episodes of Chuck season 2, the problem is that unlike most TV series which usually have 1 playlist per episode and sometimes a playlist that represents all episodes continuously this season only has a playlist with all episodes continuous.

I ripped disc 1 by manually figuring out which chapters are what episode, for example on disc 1 episodes are chapters 1-7, 8-14, 15-21, 22-28, 29-35, 36-44 and then ripped each episode one at a time. But this is a terribly time consuming process because you have to rip one episode and then re-enable the source playlist then change the chapters and title like "Chuck S2 E1", "Chuck S2 E2" etc and do this for each episode.

Is there an easier way to do this?

No, that is the best way in Ripper unless you can tolerate a single title that has all the episodes. It may go a little faster if you do the title splitting and renaming in DVDFab Copy mode, the load all the individual titles into Ripper and let it do them all at once. That's what I do when making copies to put on the Fab Movie Server.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      No, that is the best way in Ripper unless you can tolerate a single title that has all the episodes. It may go a little faster if you do the title splitting and renaming in DVDFab Copy mode, the load all the individual titles into Ripper and let it do them all at once. That's what I do when making copies to put on the Fab Movie Server.
      Ok, I guess it's the hard way then. But could I make a suggestion that perhaps for the next version that some way be added to allow the user to queue ripping of episodes like this so you could queue up all six episodes and then start processing of them so that you don't have to do them one at a time?

Comment

You can queue them this way, using the Copy Source as shown in the capture. The example uses a movie, but it is the same thing you are trying to do. There is just no way for DVDFab to do it automatically, at least for now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-011 COPYSOURCE.png Views:	1 Size:	257.1 KB ID:	342930

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

One other thing I wanted to mention while on this subject, in the ripper when you are trying to rip these episodes one at a time by changing the chapter start and end number. I don't know if this in a known problem or not but after you change the chapter numbers for example to 9-16 and then right click the title and select preview the preview does not play starting and ending at the selected title start and end numbers but at the first chapter and does not obey the selected numbers. I don't know if this is intentional or not but it makes it so much harder to rip episodes like this one at a time because you have to rip one and then play it making sure that you have the start and end chapter numbers correct and if they are not you have to adjust the start and end chapter numbers and re-rip. So not having that functionality makes the process so much longer and harder, can a suggestion be made to make this work?

Comment

Working...
          X