Audio Crackling with Blu-ray Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Audio Crackling with Blu-ray Ripper

I'm getting a loud crackling sound when I rip most Blu-Ray discs. The crackling happens during loud audio scenes in the movies (like explosions, rockets burning, etc.). I've tried different audio settings, nothing works. The movies are unwatchable.

Hi,

Please list some of the problematic movie sources so that we can find a same one to reproduce the problem.

Also, please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

Where and what player did you playback the output?

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Hey there! This is the exact scenario I've encountered - I thought for sure other folks would say the same? Most recent incidences off the top of my head: In TAG, any scene w/ Jeremy Renner in action slow motion, also in Tag at the very beginning when Jon Hamm bounces a chair off a window in an attempt to break it - four and a half minute mark. Also rough are the scenes in Thor 1 with Heimdall initiating the Bifrost Bridge, and several action scenes in Deadpool 2. All are from Blu Rays, and all ran thru the default Roku3XS 10.2.1.2 DVDFab64. I've confirmed it's not my Roku as I've ran it thru Plex on my laptop as well as a chromecast with the same result, and the root MP4 also does this. The odd part is, is that it's not every movie - but maybe the movies I haven't noticed it on were because those movies are quieter. Please advise!

Comment

Originally posted by bwn33 View Post
        Hey there! This is the exact scenario I've encountered - I thought for sure other folks would say the same? Most recent incidences off the top of my head: In TAG, any scene w/ Jeremy Renner in action slow motion, also in Tag at the very beginning when Jon Hamm bounces a chair off a window in an attempt to break it - four and a half minute mark. Also rough are the scenes in Thor 1 with Heimdall initiating the Bifrost Bridge, and several action scenes in Deadpool 2. All are from Blu Rays, and all ran thru the default Roku3XS 10.2.1.2 DVDFab64. I've confirmed it's not my Roku as I've ran it thru Plex on my laptop as well as a chromecast with the same result, and the root MP4 also does this. The odd part is, is that it's not every movie - but maybe the movies I haven't noticed it on were because those movies are quieter. Please advise!
        Hi bwn33,

1. Please try to playback the output file on your PC using Software player like VLC or DVDFab Player 5 and see the result.
        2. Please attach dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file to help check it out.
        3. The latest version of DVDFab is now v10.2.1.5, you can also update to have a try.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Hello -
          1. I've played a file internally with DVD Fab player - Thor 1 Blu Ray - still crackling at the 21:28 mark during the ice battle.
          2. Will work on figuring out how to get the log file next. Will let you know as soon as that's complete.
          3. latest version is installed and tried. Looks like 10.2.1.6 now.

Comment

Alright - found the logs. I'd prefer not to post these publicly - it's a lot to go thru and scrub if there's personal info in there that hackers can have their way with. Is there any way I can send them directly to you? I'm assuming it's a setting that needs to be changed - and hopefully I'm able to run the files thru dvd fab again to convert them to where the audio doesn't crackle during action scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by bwn33 View Post
              Alright - found the logs. I'd prefer not to post these publicly - it's a lot to go thru and scrub if there's personal info in there that hackers can have their way with. Is there any way I can send them directly to you? I'm assuming it's a setting that needs to be changed - and hopefully I'm able to run the files thru dvd fab again to convert them to where the audio doesn't crackle during action scenes.
              You can send the dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file via PM.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	send forum pm.png
Views:	443
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	360003

Comment

We reproduce the problem, will fix it as soon as possible.

Comment

FIXED IT. I'm leaving this here for future reference for anyone else whoever has this issue - changing the profile from "ROKU3S" to "MP4" and the audio to "AC3" instead of "AAC" solved the problem.

Now, if anyone has any ideas on how to run the files w/ bad audio back thru DVDFAB or Handbrake, or another system to fix the bad audio - or turn it way down - and save me a trip to the attic to recover my boxes of Blu Rays and DVDs, I'd appreciate it. Seriously.

And thanks for setting me on the right track Mona, I appreciate it and this program.

Comment

Hi bwn33, update to the latest x64 11.0.0.7 of DVDFab, using "ROKU3S" for output, it should be okay now, you can also have a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X