X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Only Ripping Half The Movie

I was attempting to rip a 3D movie
    into a MP4 file
    using 2 pass. The movie is two hours long but the rip goes fine but on completion it only rips the first hour of the movie. Results are great but I want the whole movie of course. No error messages or anything it just records the first hour. What can I do to correct this?

Mike,
    Whenever you encounter a problem like this, always attach the DVDFab internal log session from the problem conversion, as outlined here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5 Sorry you had a problem with it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

I would like to add that I am experiencing the same issue. It appears it began with 10.0.8.9. None of the 3D movies I have tried will completely rip; I am using the MKV container. I have updated to 10.0.9.0 and the issue remains. Now I just attempted a single pass rip of a 3D movie and it successfully ripped the disk. Also in two-pass mode the CPU is not being utilized completely; I am observing a max utilization of 45%, GPU 0%. Because of this, the rip is taking longer than the movie's runtime, along with being cut in half! I am attaching my log files in hopes it will assist you in resolving this ASAP. Thanks!

BR

Denver
      Attached Files

Comment

@ Mike, like signals said, please post log files and specify the movie you have problem with.

@Denver, from the log file you were converting BD "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" to profile(3D MKV). Do you mean that even though the process completes successfully, the resulted file only has half of the movie? When you played the resulted file, you only got half of the movie content or that you got some kind of error during the playback, please kindly explain. Thanks.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Mona,

Yes, that is correct in every case (Dawn..., Justice League, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc). The process claims to complete successfully. The partial movie plays perfectly until the end, There is no indication that anything is amiss. As I noted previously, a single pass rip of a 3D movie works fine. Hope this helps.

BR

Denver

Comment

Mona,

There is no indication that anything is wrong; the program acts like the operation was performed correctly. I tried about five (5) 3D BDs and the result was the same. Again , a single pass rip was successful. (I am posting this again)

BR

Denver

Comment

signals and @Mona,I am not sure why my posts are not appearing in the thread. DVDFab reports no issues during the rips; the files are just half sized. I have not tried a non-3D movie in dual-pass, this may be the next step.

BR

Denver

Comment

signals, Mona sorry for the multiple posts. I was not aware how this forum operates. UPDATE: This is what I have determined:

2D two-pass rip: PASS

3D single-pass rip: PASS

3D two-pass rip: FAIL

As an aside, DVDFab may have some issue recognizing the video card capability. I attempted to modify the Codecs in the settings and it did not see my video card (Geforce 980) as a CUDA device (it saw only software). Now I rolled back the video driver from the latest as of 4.24.18 to a driver from the December 2017. Fab recognized the video card and everything was fine. There are some odd things going on with Fab right now, I hope they can be resolved soon.

BR

Denver

Comment

Hi Denver,

Thank you for the update.

Please confirm:
                  1. On the same computer, you rolled back the video driver to a driver from the December 2017 and now the 3D two-pass rip process can go through?
                  2. Do you have other computer with other graphics card installed? And can the 3D two-pass rip process work?

Mona

Comment

Hi Mona,

Regarding the video driver, no it did not affect the 3D two pass issue. DVDFab did not recognize the video card as a CUDA capable device; I rolled back and now it is correctly identified. I don't know if I can install Fab on two machines; I will give it a shot and let you know.

BR

Denver

Comment

Hi Mona,

It's a no-go on running DVDFab on a second machine. I do not have a multi-seat license and the demo mode does not do 3D.

BR

Denver

Comment

Hi Mona,

I have given up on the two-pass 3D rip option in DVDFab. I am now ripping 3D movies in single pass with H.265 encoding and the results are very acceptable. Thanks for your attempts to resolve this issue.

BR

Denver Chance

Comment

Working...
                        X