Get rid of Audio Narrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get rid of Audio Narrator

Trying to rip Blu-Rays, but every file has a audioable narrative included that describes what we're seeing. It's like a verbal closed caption. Where's the check box to get rid of this feature?

click common settings then select "All tracks" in Common Setting -> Streams -> Audio.

Comment

Under the Audio selection drop-down list on the main screen, you can select/deselect which audio streams you want included in the rip. Typically for most blu-rays, the HD audio (e.g. DTS HD Master, or Dolby Digital TrueHD, or both) are the main audio streams and Dolby Digital AC3's are usually descriptive audio, director's comments, etc. Some older blu-rays only have Dolby Digital AC3 only and no HD. Simply deselect the descriptive audio if you do not want that.

The trick is to determine which audio is what. One way is to play the original with either PC software player or standalone player and cycle through each audio track to see what is what. Also be aware that depending on what you are watching (i.e. main movie vs. previews vs. extra features) there may be different options available. HD is mainly usually only used for main movies and some of the production or audio feature clips (e.g., DTS, Atmos) that show before the movie. There may be other ways to determine this but this is usually the method I use if I want more than just main audio.

There are 3rd party tools (demuxers and such) out there that I believe can identify what each audio stream is (i.e. main, vs. commentary, etc.), but I am not aware if DVDFab has that capability or not. (I guess if it did, it would show it). If you are doing a main movie rip and want only main audio, you should always be correct in selecting only the, or one of the HD tracks.

Comment

I think you can also sample each audio stream by selecting one at a time, through the built-in player in DVDFab.

Comment

I think there is something wrong with the recent update. It has defaulted to audio narrator on every rip.

Comment

Please list the titles where this occurred and which type of DVDFab (x86 vs. x64) and version number you are using.

For some recent Lionsgate Blu-rays, the descriptive audio stream is also DTS-MA HD.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I still think something is amiss. I found Truth or Dare, Ready
              player One did this as well. Went back to version 9 and it worked fine. Using 64bit 10.2.0.2 and I tried 10.2.0.3 and it also selected a different audio track than I selected. Selected English and it did French, selected French and it did English. (This was on a different DVD called Two Weeks Notice)

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you for the report, we will check it first.

Meanwhile, please specify the movie you have problem with, dvdfab_internal.log file will also be needed. Thanks.

Regards,
                Mona

Comment

UPDATE:

We could not reproduce the narator problem with the latest version of DVDFab. Please check the Common Settings>Streams>Audio settings section, tell us the pre-select audio tracks, and post a screenshot here. Click image for larger version  Name:	audio settings.png Views:	1 Size:	115.4 KB ID:	357214

Also, please specify the movies you have problem with and use DVDFab to open the movie disc again, display the default selected audio tracks on the main window under Audio section, take a screenshot and post it here too.

Does the resulted file play the narative audio track by default even when more than one audio tracks are selected?

Regards,
                  Mona
                  Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 07-27-2018, 11:39 AM.

Comment

I believe I have found the problem with the Director comment audio track. It seems the later versions of DVDFab 64bit (version 10.2.0.4 is mine) might have started to copy all of the audio tracks into the Ripped MP4. While this should not be a problem, the default Windows media player selects the last audio file which is usually for the sight impaired or directors comments. If you only want the pure audio only select the first audio track before you rip it to a MP4. I tried to included my settings and a screen shots to show you what I am talking about.However the file was too large. Ironically players such as DVDFabPlayer version 5, Plex and other players play the first audio file like it should.

Comment

Originally posted by garydhunter View Post
                      I believe I have found the problem with the Director comment audio track. It seems the later versions of DVDFab 64bit (version 10.2.0.4 is mine) might have started to copy all of the audio tracks into the Ripped MP4. While this should not be a problem, the default Windows media player selects the last audio file which is usually for the sight impaired or directors comments. If you only want the pure audio only select the first audio track before you rip it to a MP4. I tried to included my settings and a screen shots to show you what I am talking about.However the file was too large. Ironically players such as DVDFabPlayer version 5, Plex and other players play the first audio file like it should.
                      In next version, we will change it back to the old way: "not to copy all of the audio tracks" in Ripper.

Comment

Thanks Mona, I think that might help others with this problem. Although as I found out it is more of a problem with Windows Media Player than your ripper. I also looked at logs from several years ago to Microsoft that people were complaining about this and they never fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                        X