Poor Quality with DVD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Quality with DVD Ripper

I have noticed that when I rip a DVD (to MP4) with the latest version of DVDFab, the MP4 exhibits poor video quality every second or so. It's blurry for only a split second. I compared it to movies I ripped a year or two ago (same DVD disk) and the quality is not the same. I ripped a movie that I ripped two years ago and the quality with the latest version of DVDFab is much worse. Am I doing something wrong? Has some option changed that I need to use differently? I use: MPEG4, I up the resolution, 2-pass, High-Quality, Frame Rate same as source, no split.

Sorry to hear that, I have not ripped a DVD for some time and have not noticed it. Please check to make sure the Ripper settings are "sticking' before you click start and that the b/p slider actually moves up when you select High Quality (or try using Custom and set it to 0.2 or a little higher). If you have MediaInfo, please scan one of the good/bad duplicated MP4s and attach the text output to a new post.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for your reply. The settings are sticking and the b/p slider does move when I select High Quality. Please see attachment.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pwolodzko View Post
        Thank you for your reply. The settings are sticking and the b/p slider does move when I select High Quality. Please see attachment.
        Please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file to help check the problem. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X