This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to Samsung DLNA

I need something that will encode my ripped dvd's to any of the following formats.

Which of these can DVDFab do? If none, are there any other recommendations? I've tried a few but need something that can handle a whole DVD rip (at folder level), not just VOB by VOB...

Note ALL of the conditions have to be satisfied - ie video decoder, resolution AND audio codec.

many thanks
    Guy

Maybe you can include some of the text surrounding this table. For example, the Resolution column is probably maximum resolution rather than required resolution.

Try DVD to Mobile, Vob Passthrough to start. That will create a single VOB file for a given title and audio.

It looks like you should be able to use MP4 H264 with AAC out of the box. DVDFab uses the basic profile ("H.264 BP" on the table) by default.

I'm not a fan of AAC audio. If you wanted compressed video with the original AC3 then the AVI H264 audiocopy profile can be modified to use the main profile ("H.264 MP" on your table) with some hand editing of the XML file. You might start with the other 2 before moving on to this one though.

Comment

I have already develeped a profile for the Samung 7,8 & 9 series of Televisions.

This profile is in the "New Profiles" section of this forum and is essentially a variation on the genereic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile.

It works great on my Samsung 52" 8 Series TV, either from a USB attached drive or via the DLNA server (I use Twonky, not the supplied Samsung one)
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Terrific thanks.

My only issue I might face now is that I'm running my videos directly off a NAS, and no PC will be swithched on.

Hey, onwards and upwards!

Guy

Comment

So am I and I use a highly modified Linux version of Twonky on my NAS's and it works fine. (Linksys NAS200's) with the Samsung TV's and all other players on the network that support DLNA servers.

Most NAS's come with a DLNA server and it is usually Twonky. Have a look at either your NAS forum or the Twonky forum.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X