This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fab wont finish

I have the latest fab version and Ive been trying to copy an .iso to a blank cd. But when it asks for the region code and I enter it the popup goes away, and it does nothing.
    I tried extracting the .iso with isobuster and converting the video file to .wmv but it got all the way through the process of doing that and wont finish. It says 100% completed, but the menu doesn't change. the buttons stay at [pause] and [cancel].

i tried just copy pasting the file to my mobile device anyway, but when it plays it both the audio and video constantly skip and are choppy.
    Last edited by VaultDweller; 02-28-2010, 06:25 PM.

also Im running windows xp, amd athlon 64, and 382 mb ram.

Comment

VaultDweller also Im running windows xp, amd athlon 64, and 382 mb ram.
      I am not sure but I think you need at least 512mb of ram
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

It's the new ram, so I think it counts for more.
        Also, if that wasn't enough ram then how did it get to 100% completion?

Comment

You are not very clear on what you are trying to do anyway. Please clarify.

Also, you are running a very marginal machine at best and therefore do not expect reliable results from Fab.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Whenever I try to convert to anything from an .iso it asks for the region then does nothing. When I try to convert an extracted video file (via iso buster) to a .wmv file on my hard drive, it goes all the way through the process to the point at which it reads 100% completion, but it never finishes. the buttons still read [pause] and [cancel].
            When I try to just copy the converted file from the destination folder to test it, on both my PC and the xbox360 the audio and video are choppy and skip constantly.
            This program has been the first thing to give me any trouble on my comp, and seeing as how I'm still able to do things while it's "working" it doesn't seem like a memory problem.

Comment

Are these iso rips of DVD's using Fab?

Comment

No they are of another program from another machine.

Comment

Sounds like the other program did not rip and remove the copy protection correctly.

Try re-ripping from the original.

Comment

And don't multitask while Fab is doing its thing, your machine is way too marginal for that. I don't multitak on my quad core, it is just not good practice.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Try an ISO rip of the title created by Fab also.

All ISO's are not created equal.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                        Try an ISO rip of the title created by Fab also.

All ISO's are not created equal.
                        Absolutely, using more than one program makes troubleshooting HELL.

Comment

Working...
                        X