Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial version of Blu-ray ripper doesn't convert Dolby Atmos

Hello,

Trying out Blu-ray ripper on a blu-ray BDMV folder (on my hard drive) to convert same to an mkv file for playing on Plex.
    The blu-ray in question has Dolby Atmos and the Blu-ray ripper tool verifies that in the BD info and audio field (shows up as "AC-3 TrueHD/7.1 Atmos").
    However, after running the tool to create the mkv and playing it in Plex, my new Dolty Atmos compatible receiver does not see the Dolby Atmos audio. The receiver decodes the audio as DD. Running ripper on a W10 box and the only setting I changed was 3804MB Standard to 550MB High Quality.

Is there another setting I need to change? Can this newest blu-ray ripper handle Dolby Atmos? This is the only item preventing me from buying this ripper.

Thx,
    J

Try setting Ripper to “Copy Audio” (small checkbox on the Advanced Settings page). It does not encode ATMOS if you have it set to re-encode the audio.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for the reply, but that didn't fix it. Still no Atmos in mkv.
      Using the same ripper tool I read in the mkv file and then used the "Converter" feature. After trying your tip the audio of mkv file was listed as "AC-3/TrueHD/7.1" - i.e., no Atmos. At least, it appears that way. Is the "Atmos" part being truncated? I can't find a tool - other than this trial blu-ray ripper - that will read an mkv file and list all audio formats. I used to use something called "tsMuxerGUI" but that doesn't recognize the newer audio formats.

So, please, any help on how to convert a blu-ray/BDMV folder to an mkv file AND also bring over all audio formats - esp Atmos - would be appreciated. Is the trial version of this ripper a "light" version that doesn't do conversions of Atmos? As I said, I will definitely buy this tool if it can do that (and would probably buy the Cinavia version as well).

Comment

The trial version of Ripper is fully functional. An excellent free tool for checking media files is MediaInfo.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X