This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert DTS 5.1 to Dolby

I'm trying to convert a DVD video, with DTS 5.1 to a generic .avi with Dolby
    audio. So I can then encode the "generic .avi with Dolby" file back into a DVD with Dolby only audio.
    I'm using DVD Fab 6.2.1.8 . So should I select , in Common Settings > Convert , under "Default Audio Channel" , the "same as source option" and then under " audio down-mix from multichannel to stereo" >Dolby Pro-logic 2 ?
    And then select a "audio copy" option in the generic profile ? Or in Common Settings >"Default Audio Channel" should I select "specified in profile" ?
    As you can tell, I'm a little confused about these settings , so any feedback will be appreciated.
    Your Friend,
    Larry

What title do you have that requires this?

The DVD specification allows DTS to be included as an additional audio choice but requires at least an AC3 or lesser track to be present.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      What title do you have that requires this?

The DVD specification allows DTS to be included as an additional audio choice but requires at least an AC3 or lesser track to be present.
      The DVD is a "home-made" music video of various local band. And DTS 5.1 was the only audio stream present on the DVD .
      What I'm trying to ask , can DVD Fab encode the DTS audio to a Dolby version, while the DVD is being changed to a different format by DVD Fab?
      I want to do this because a friend of mine has a stand-alone DVD player that won't decode DTS , only Dolby.
      Your Friend,
      Larry

Comment

DVDFab can remove the DTS stream from a DVD but I've not seen an option to convert DTS to AC3.

Comment

Dts 2 ac3

@loeliver,
          You must have some basic Dvd training to do this:
          Demux the dts stream and the video stream using vobedit.[keep these you will use them!!].
          Open your dvd in ifoedit and save chapters as txt file-keep it!
          Open dts stream in foobar with dts decoder plugin hit convert to wav--you will get a multichannel wav[a big one].
          Load this wav in wavewizard set channel mapping to 6 ac3 type.In preferencies set output format to wavepcm,set convert sample type to 16 or 24 set convert samplingrate to 48000.Apply and convert!Resulting wav is ready for ac3 encoding.To do this u can use ac3 machine or/and beesweet.Resulting ac3 audio file shall be used for your modified dvd.
          Generating the new dvdpen ifoedit,hit author dvd,load videofile[from step 1],load ac3 file,load chapters file[txt],hit ok....done!HERE is your new dvd[no menus].
          As you can see i tryed to guide u using free software.For more info and softw. download go to doom9.
          M
          P.S-some feedback would be nice!

Comment

DTS downmix

I don't understand why we pay so much for this software that's not capable of downmixing DTS to 5.1 or 2 channel. This is the best video software on the market, why does it always crash when converting DTS to anything else and why is it that other software can??

Getting really frustrated with converting MKV+DTS to AVI/WMV+AC3

Comment

Originally posted by savagemyth View Post
              I don't understand why we pay so much for this software that's not capable of downmixing DTS to 5.1 or 2 channel. This is the best video software on the market, why does it always crash when converting DTS to anything else and why is it that other software can??

Getting really frustrated with converting MKV+DTS to AVI/WMV+AC3

and oh, look. The beta has now stripped away 1080p in File To Mobile.

Looks like i'll be going to [other software] for my Blue Ray upgrades.
              Last edited by Complication; 03-06-2010, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savagemyth View Post
                and oh, look. The beta has now stripped away 1080p in File To Mobile.

Looks like i'll be going to [other software] for my Blue Ray upgrades.
                Dude, you really did have a hissy-fit writing all these posts didn't you.

I believe the larger sizes where removed from File to Mobile because there where crash problems. The entire module is due to get a retrofit with the new Blu-Ray to Mobile code base.

Comment

Working...
                X