Audio out of sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio out of sync

As I think I mentioned in my BSOD Memory Management thread, I’ve had several problems with Ripper and DVDFab Copy 12 for many months including general Windows crashes, inability to enter a comment in the DVDFab crash dialog, and the timer freezing during a rip (even though the process was still continuing). This is a new one, though.

On many rips using MKV passthrough, the audio is not in synch. What’s weird is:
    1. so far, it doesn’t seem to affect movies ripped with the same settings—just episodes from TV discs, and
    2. the same episodes COPIED to a blank DVD using the Customize option and ensuring that the selected episodes’ combined size doesn’t exceed that of the disc (that is, there is NO compression), the new discs don’t exhibit this problem. The audio and video are perfectly synced.
    i don’t know how widespread this issue is, but I can see it affected every ripped episode of the US series “Shameless.” I’m particularly concerned because I just finished ripping all (hundreds) of my DVDs to be streamed with Plex.

The last day I've tried to rip individual fights from my husband's UFC Collection and the audio is also out of sync by about 1 second.
    It plays fine watching the entire disc copied/cloned, but if I want to go grab a specific fight, it's off.
    And I've tried 4 different DVD's from different time periods.

Comment

BTW, I ripped 8 of the seasons of Shameless several months ago, and they all seem to have this issue. I haven’t seen this in the ripped episodes of other series, so perhaps this issue is specific to certain types of DVDs. When I get the time, I’ll sample some of the many others I ripped during the past four months.

Comment

I have to amend my original post. It isn't restricted to just TV episodes. I just ripped the movie The Mist with version 12.0.5.1, and its audio is also out of sync.

Also, in ripping Season 1, Disc 3 of the US version of Shameless today, audio for all episodes was out of sync (whether done individually or collectively for the movie version of all 4 episodes, but --strangely-- the Deleted Scenes were in perfect sync.
        Last edited by zapt; 10-21-2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post
          Season 1, Disc 3 of the US version Shameless
          Please use Clone mode to make an ISO file of the disc, and send it to us to test it out.
          Please post the dvdfab_internal log session for the conversion process as well, thank you.

Comment

see your Messages

Comment

Anyone else experiencing audio sync issues when doing passthrough rips (in addition to Hawkgirl70) or regular crashes when using the Copy (Customize) feature? I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB), Intel I7 processor, 16GB of system RAM, Windows 10 v. 21H1, and am running DVDFab x64 v. 12.0.5.1.
              Last edited by zapt; 10-25-2021, 09:50 PM.

Comment

This probably sounds like a dumb question, but can we go back to previous versions and re-install it?
                If so, is there a link for directions on how to go backwards?

I hadn't upgraded since the first of the year, and stupidly upgraded last week and now all my Rips are out of sync.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
                  This probably sounds like a dumb question, but can we go back to previous versions and re-install it?
                  If so, is there a link for directions on how to go backwards?

I hadn't upgraded since the first of the year, and stupidly upgraded last week and now all my Rips are out of sync.
                  try looking in the Extended Download Service in the Member page of the website
                  and see if there's an older version there.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try looking in the Extended Download Service in the Member page of the website
                    and see if there's an older version there.
                    Thank you for reading my post and for the suggestion!
                    I don't guess the FAB folks are too worried with this major issue with version 12.

I just finally realized about 30 minutes ago I still had version 10 and 11 in a "Retired Software Folder" that I keep all my old stuff in on an external hard drive.
                    I just finished reloading Version 11 and am doing a DVD Clone.
                    Once finished, then going to try and rip a specific episode to see if it works and is in sync.
                    I'll post my results shortly.

Comment

My results for what I posted above this one.....

With DVD FAB 11, I was able to successfully rip individual episodes from the DVD Clone.
                      Everything was synched, looked and sounded great.

So I guess this is my work around for ripping files of older tv shows on older, released DVD's.

Comment

I spent 8 weeks ripping every movie and TV episode in my DVD collection using DVDFab 12 so I can view them with Plex. Not knowing which of the several thousand rips were affected by the audio sync issue, I’m first going to have PLAY each one to identify those that need to be ripped again. VERY unhappy camper here.

It’s great to hear that 11 worked for you. If it’s still available somewhere on the DVDFab site, at least there’s a solution. Thanks for the update!

By the way, it’s not just older DVDs that are affected. I see the same issue ripping Lovecraft Country (2020). Also, after hunting on the Downloads page, there's a link to download version 11 near the bottom.
                        Last edited by zapt; 10-28-2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

UPDATE
                          DVDFab x64 version 11.1.0.7 does indeed correct the audio sync issue on rips for me, too. I just tested 12 and 11 on the same disc (Season 1 Disc 1 of Lovecraft Country). 12 had the sync issue and 11 did not. The file sizes were virtually identical; each rip with 11 was 19 or 20 bytes larger than the same rip with 12.

Comment

I have the same audio synch problem for a bunch of DVDs I just ripped. I contacted DVDfab and this is what they said in reply:

Please download and install the latest version 12.0.5.4 of DVDFab 12 using either of the URLs below:
                            https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB12
                            https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php...Fab12_x64_FULL

Please click the Menu button (the down triangle) in the upper right corner of DVDFab, click on Common Settings>General>A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" box and uncheck the option "Enable Lightning-Recoding when applicable (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding)" as well as the Lightning-Shrink option to copy/convert again and see the result.

If still have a problem, please take a screenshot of the error/window to show us and provide the latest dvdfab_internal.log and the fabcheck_internal log file for troubleshooting, the default location for the DVDFab log file is:
                            C:\Users\your computer name\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Log

Comment

rowshom

Mona

Following those instructions changed nothing for me, I just ripped the same Blackadder episode that I previously uploaded as an example of this issue, and the audio is still noticeably out of sync (a second or two off). Did it change anything for you, rowshom ?

Note: There are NO error dialogs for this issue. There never were. Each rip completes normally, but the audio doesn't match the video.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X