DVDFAB cant read previously ripped DVDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVDFAB cant read previously ripped DVDs

I think this is a more accurate question concerning my last post. I cant rip copied DVDs. DVDfab doesn't even read the dvds successfully most of the time and when it does it takes forever and never fully reads them. I have already tried turning off the pathways. Thanks

Originally posted by THawk View Post
    I think this is a more accurate question concerning my last post. I cant rip copied DVDs. DVDfab doesn't even read the dvds successfully most of the time and when it does it takes forever and never fully reads them. I have already tried turning off the pathways. Thanks
    leave pathplayer disabled, and go back into common settings - dvd - dvd protection - uncheck cloud decryption service.
    restart dvdfab and retry your discs again.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I tried that with no luck and then went through all the settings in DVD protection and turned them off one at a time. Still no luck. I finished with all of them turned off. No luck, went back to defaults.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I tried that with no luck and then went through all the settings in DVD protection and turned them off one at a time. Still no luck. I finished with all of them turned off. No luck, went back to defaults.
        can you not just drag & drop from the already copied disc since there shouldn't be any copy
        protection on the burnt disc.

Comment

As soon as I open the program it just automatically detects the DVD and tries to read it.

Comment

Initial post in a different thread: "I have a collection of dvds that I backed up using Power dvd about 20 years ago and I want to digitize them. I dont have the originals anymore because I didnt think I needed them. DVDFab ripper either doesnt recognize them at all and just runs and runs or it rips to about 80% then claims to be finished when it isnt. How can I get these DVDS digitized?"

Can your computer see the discs and contents ok via File Explorer without DVDFab running?
            Do they play ok in a DVD player or computer software player?
            If "yes" to this - launch DVDFab, choose Full Disc Copy, insert the DVD, give DVDFab time to open the disc, then click "Info" from inside the dialog box for the DVD so we can see the status of the source disc. Maybe some info in there will help us.
            Last edited by Rich86; 12-04-2022, 07:40 PM.

Comment

As soon as I open the program it just automatically detects the DVD and tries to read it.
              close down dvdfab, put your burnt disc into your computers dvd drive and let it read it,
              open the disc and you should see video ts & audio ts folders, just select copy on the video ts folder & paste to your computers desktop.

Comment

I am unable to view the dvds on my computer via VLC media player. Explorer seems to lock up when trying to read these. If I put the dvd in my Denon player it plays them on the TV fine.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions you have provided. They have at least led me to understand the program better and come to some conclusions. It appears that all of my movies are not the same. Some of them seem to work just fine when ripped. Others I cannot read worth a damn on the computer but work in the dvd player. If you have any further suggestions on these I appreciate it. Otherwise, I am glad to have realized what I have.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions you have provided. They have at least led me to understand the program better and come to some conclusions. It appears that all of my movies are not the same. Some of them seem to work just fine when ripped. Others I cannot read worth a damn on the computer but work in the dvd player. If you have any further suggestions on these I appreciate it. Otherwise, I am glad to have realized what I have.
                    My guess is that some of these backed up discs have deteriorated a bit over time and are marginal, or your DVD drive is getting fussy with some of them. Are all the problematic discs the same brand media? How are they labeled (not with adhesive labels I hope). Do you have more than one DVD drive you can test these discs in?

Comment

The are of differing brands and are labeled with Sharpe. The dvd drive is brand new and I actually returned it and bought a different model Archgon to Asus and neither can read them. A bad batch I guess, although I am surprised my DVD player reads them. .

Comment

The are of differing brands and are labeled with Sharpe. The dvd drive is brand new and I actually returned it and bought a different model Archgon to Asus and neither can read them. A bad batch I guess, although I am surprised my DVD player reads them. .
                        were these discs copied & burnt with dvdfab in the past or with another ripping program ??

Comment

It's possible your dvd player has more aggressive error handling than your computer drive/firmware/program.

Comment

Thanks again for trying to help here. They were ripped with PowerDVD over 10 years ago. The player is just as old or older. I would be really surprised if my new burner and 2 year old gaming computer cant handle errors better than my old DVD player. On thing I have discovered that may be part of the problem is that DVDFab wont read DVD that have a menu. This seems elementary to me. Why would they create a program that cant handle the DVD menu? Any settings or methods for dealing with that?

Comment

What version of DVDFab are you running? Exactly how do you have your DVDFab set up when trying to rip a DVD? A way to respond to this might be to put in a DVD for Fab to copy/rip and do a print screen to save and attach to a response here for us to look at. Or describe how you set up Fab to rip a DVD.
                              I generally keep mine set for Copy - Full Disc - output to Movie Folder - DVD9 for a DVD.
                              Tell me how you set up and I will try to test it on my system.
                              Last edited by Rich86; 12-09-2022, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X