Some 3D movies are stretched to fill the screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Some 3D movies are stretched to fill the screen

When ripping from 3D Blu Ray (into 3D MKV), often (but not always) the movie will come out stretched to fill the screen. I expect the wide-screen movies to come out with black bars at the top and bottom to keep the correct aspect ratio. It will do it correctly on some discs, but the others get stretched top to bottom. I'm not sure how to fix this so that it comes out correctly. Any thoughts?

Please name the title you have this "get stretched top to bottom" problem.
    Is the whole movie displayed this way or just some scenes?
    Those show correctly use the same settings as the "bad" one?
    Please provide some related screenshots and the dvdfab_internal log file too, thanks.

Comment

What way are you doing the rip in is full SBS or half SBS is that the reason why?

Comment

I'm having this same problem recently. The HSBS option (50%) is showing two full frames next to each other instead of being squished. It did this for the entire movie. I was able to do proper HSBS rips on a recent build of DVDFab 12 so I'm not sure exactly when this broke but I ripped one as recent as 9/15 that didn't do this. I've been using the H265 HDR10 profile with the bit-rate set to .4

This is what I got with Spider-Man No Way Home 3D just now, which appears to be FSBS (100%)
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Spider-Man No Way Home (2021) 3D-SBS.mkv_snapshot_00.00.44.249.jpg Views:	1 Size:	21.6 KB ID:	432243
        This is what it's supposed to look like in HSBS (50%)
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Spider-Man No Way Home (2021) 3D.mkv_snapshot_00.00.44.249.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.0 KB ID:	432244
        Last edited by wemickna; 10-29-2023, 12:19 AM.

Comment

It is working the way it should on 12.1.1.5. Just tried it with the same No Way Home 3D blu-ray and the same settings, resulting in a file that displays properly in a 16:9 frame as shown in my second image example.

Comment

Working...
          X