Weird Picture Fluctuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Weird Picture Fluctuations

I'm ripping the Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu Ray Complete Set. I'm getting some odd pixel/color fluctuations in the final copy. I've ripped to both MP4 and MOV with the same result.

Here's a 20 sec sample that shows what I'm referring to. Not sure what this is or what to call it:

I attached a screenshot of some basic settings and a copy of the log best I could. It's huge so I just grabbed stuff from today. Happy to provide any additional information needed.

Any suggestions on settings changes, the best file type to use, etc? These fluctuations are driving me crazy.

Thanks anyone for your help.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by riggstr View Post
    I'm ripping the Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu Ray Complete Set. I'm getting some odd pixel/color fluctuations in the final copy. I've ripped to both MP4 and MOV with the same result.

Here's a 20 sec sample that shows what I'm referring to. Not sure what this is or what to call it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GH4...ew?usp=sharing

I attached a screenshot of some basic settings and a copy of the log best I could. It's huge so I just grabbed stuff from today. Happy to provide any additional information needed.

Any suggestions on settings changes, the best file type to use, etc? These fluctuations are driving me crazy.

I ripped from the individual season sets when they initially came out and I have a slight instance of that pixelation, but not as bad. I personally think they didn't do as good a job remastering as they could have.

My settings for all BD ripping are similar to yours, except I always go with maximum Bits/Pixel (and 200% volume), so maybe that's why I don't have as much pixelation as you? I rip to .mp3 nowadays, but have done .avi as well in the past.

Some blu rays just refuse to look as good as they should.

Comment

might try going into common settings - AV Codec - select disable all gpu codecs for decoding & encoding
      restart dvdfab and retry your discs again and see if there's any change in the final copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ar-Pharazon View Post

I ripped from the individual season sets when they initially came out and I have a slight instance of that pixelation, but not as bad. I personally think they didn't do as good a job remastering as they could have.

My settings for all BD ripping are similar to yours, except I always go with maximum Bits/Pixel (and 200% volume), so maybe that's why I don't have as much pixelation as you? I rip to .mp3 nowadays, but have done .avi as well in the past.

Some blu rays just refuse to look as good as they should.
        Ok, glad I'm not the only one!

I took your suggestion and cranked up the bits/pixel and WOW. What a difference. Thank you! Here's a short before/after difference:

I can't believe I didn't think to adjust that before. It looks MUCH cleaner. I'm extremely curious why you crank the volume up to 200% though? What kind of impact does that have on the finished product?

Also I've mostly done MOV recently as it allowed me to keep the HD audio intact, and seemed to play well with Premiere Pro. (I do personal editing projects with films/TV shows I like) Exporting to MP4 with HD audio never worked, it didn't have sound.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

might try going into common settings - AV Codec - select disable all gpu codecs for decoding & encoding
          restart dvdfab and retry your discs again and see if there's any change in the final copy.
          Thank you for this tip! I checked and it was already set this way. Do you know why setting it one way or the other would make a difference?

Comment

Thank you for this tip! I checked and it was already set this way. Do you know why setting it one way or the other would make a difference?
            setting everything to software usually resolves errors with copying movies such as audio out of sync and other graphical errors

Comment

Ok, glad I'm not the only one!

I took your suggestion and cranked up the bits/pixel and WOW. What a difference. Thank you! Here's a short before/after difference:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wAp...ew?usp=sharing

I can't believe I didn't think to adjust that before. It looks MUCH cleaner. I'm extremely curious why you crank the volume up to 200% though? What kind of impact does that have on the finished product?

Also I've mostly done MOV recently as it allowed me to keep the HD audio intact, and seemed to play well with Premiere Pro. (I do personal editing projects with films/TV shows I like) Exporting to MP4 with HD audio never worked, it didn't have sound.
              I just like to make sure the final result is loud enough. I can always turn the volume down, but if a episode, movie, or particular scene is too quiet, there may not be much I can do.

And just a note, moving the Bits/Pixel slider up does make for a larger file size.
              Last edited by Ar-Pharazon; 05-01-2023, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Great, thanks again to you both for your help and info. Really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                X