Blu-Ray ripper and subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Blu-Ray ripper and subtitles

I would like some advice for this problem. I ripped a BD, and it makes the mp4 file just fine, but none of the subtitles are there. Can you walk me through what settings I need to use to accomplish this? I've got the latest version of DVDfab.

Thanks.

With your source disc loaded into DVDFab, look towards the bottom of the screen & see the 2 drop-down dialogs - 1 for audio and 1 for subtitles. Click on the subtitles and see what subtitles are available and choose.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rich86; 11-22-2023, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the very, very late reply.

I pulled down the EN, EN, EN, EN I selected display only forced subtitles, with normal and forced only checked, and then the other 2 English checked.
      EN DTS-HD Master/7.1 is checked.
      The rip is with Mobile MP4. It shows MP4|H264|1080p|AAC
      I selected High Quality
      Under Advanced settings, it shows Video, copy video is not checked. Audio, copy audio is not checked. Subtitle shows Mode: Remux into file and VobSub Subtitle. I just checked the Advanced settings and this what was displayed, so I left it alone.

The rip has the audio but no subtitles, after I burned the video file to an ISO and played it on a UHD player.

I could use some additional advice. Thanks.

Comment

To confirm, did you Turn Subtitle on when playing it?
        You may use MediaInfo to analyze the output file and see if there is subtitle info inside.

Please also send the dvdfab13.log file to us to check the problem, thanks.

Comment

I tried to upload the log file, but it says that the file size is too big. Unless, I'm choosing the wrong file. The one I'm trying to upload is DVDFab13.log

Comment

Here's what I'm trying to do. Maybe a step by step instruction for me would be very helpful.

I want to rip the video/audio with the English subtitles and all the chapters of the original movie, to an mp4.
            I want to edit the mp4, to remove certain parts of the video/audio. I use Powerdirector 17 for this operation.
            Then, I will save the edit, burn it to a BD, for playing on a UHD player.
            I would like to be able to turn the subtitles on or off.

Comment

If you would like, tell me the BD title you are working with and if I have it, I will try to duplicate your steps ripping ti and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainK View Post
                I tried to upload the log file, but it says that the file size is too big. Unless, I'm choosing the wrong file. The one I'm trying to upload is DVDFab13.log
                Please send the log files to my email account, thank you.

Comment

I think I got it to work. I re-did the rip, but instead of Remux into file, I just extracted the subtitles. When I opened the file in Powerdirector, I just imported the subtitle that I wanted. This is what I was looking for. Now, I can edit the the video.

Rich, it is Deadpool.

Mona, thanks, but I'll hold off for now. I did a number of experiments with the various options and I think that's good for me to do, so I can familiarize myself with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainK View Post
                    I think I got it to work. I re-did the rip, but instead of Remux into file, I just extracted the subtitles. When I opened the file in Powerdirector, I just imported the subtitle that I wanted. This is what I was looking for. Now, I can edit the the video.

Rich, it is Deadpool.

Mona, thanks, but I'll hold off for now. I did a number of experiments with the various options and I think that's good for me to do, so I can familiarize myself with the results.
                    Sounds like you have made good progress. I have Deadpool on blu-ray and can do some testing for you if you still need it, but based on your recent post - I won't bother for now..

Comment

Working...
                    X