Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dvdfab 13 mac apple chip M1 - same settings different sizes - 12.1.1.5 vs. 13.0.0.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab 13 mac apple chip M1 - same settings different sizes - 12.1.1.5 vs. 13.0.0.9

hello dvdfabber! i recently was able to update to the apple silicon version 13.0.0.9. and ripped around a little... i used the same settings as i used in dvdfab 12, but the file-size is now half the size of what a "rip" was before. dvdfab 13 shows the same (bigger) size in the preview (same in dvdfab 12), but when it is done, the file size is nearly 1/2 of it! i looked at the mkv`s in VLC and found out that everything is the same, except the bitrate. the bitrate was lowered down. it was halved. do you have the same experiences? do i have to set the bitrate permanently? thanks for helping with your time in advance! settings are: h265, 1pass fast decoding, high quality, ac3 or copy audio, mkv.

Please provide the DVDFab13.log file to us to better check the problem, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Please provide the DVDFab13.log file to us to better check the problem, thank you.
      here it is. thanks in advance!!

Attached Files

Comment

these are my settings.
        Attached Files

Comment

it`s working correct now! thanks

Comment

you can delete this post if you like to. thx!

Comment

sorry for the confusion, but it`s confusing me, too!
              some movies are in the expected file size and some are half of it.
              is it, because of the "fast" action scenes in some movies and because of the missing "fast" action scenes in others?
              i ask, because before dvdfab 13, dvdfab 12 handled it all the same 8same sizes)!

Comment

Originally posted by freakthemighty View Post
                sorry for the confusion, but it`s confusing me, too!
                some movies are in the expected file size and some are half of it.
                is it, because of the "fast" action scenes in some movies and because of the missing "fast" action scenes in others?
                i ask, because before dvdfab 13, dvdfab 12 handled it all the same 8same sizes)!
                Please name the last title that you had the size problem.
                Zip the entire log folder of DVDFab 12 and the one of DVDFab13 and send them to us too. Thank you.

Comment

it was mission impossible dead reckoning part one. with dvdfab 13 it has 7gb and lower bitrate. with dvdfab 12 it has 17gb and a higher bitrate. same settings! logs are coming in the next post. thanks for helping mona!

Comment

here are the two logfiles. dvdfab 12 & 13. have a successful day!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by freakthemighty View Post
                      here are the two logfiles. dvdfab 12 & 13. have a successful day!
                      Thanks, the files and related info have been received.

Comment

hello mona! with the new version it`s still the same. same settings = half the size, than it should be.

Comment

the bitrate is much lower.

Comment

Working...
                          X