This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long to DVD To MP4 for you?

It currently takes me about 3 hours to rip a 2 hour movie from DVD to MP4 (H.264 @ 1800 & AAC @ 128).

This is MUCH faster than my other computer which was in the 8-10 hour time frame, but slower than I think it needs to be.

My fps encoding hangs out at around 34-36.

What times & encoding speed are some of you seeing?

This depends almost entirely on your PC specs. Users with high-end i7 CPUs are reporting conversion speeds of 300-500fps. Hopefully the new DVD to Mobile engine will be faster for you, it should be out before too long. To improve speed with what you have, try converting from a VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive rather than the original disc and use an audiocopy profile if your player supports it (AC-3 for most DVDs). VOB Passthrough also is much faster than an MPEG-4 conversion, but again your player must supportVOB/MPG playback and the files will be larger.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X