Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Blu ray with .vob passthrough?

Hi,

I used DVDFab to successfully back up DVDs to .vob files for playback on a PS3.

I am now trying to do the same with Blu Ray discs, but see there is no .vob passthrough option for Blu Ray to PS3. Is there a reason for this?

Basically I want to back up a Blu Ray disc without losing any quality for playback on a PS3, and filesize is not an issue.

Coz blu-Rays do not have VOB's
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Fair enuff. Are there any equivalent methods of creating a lossless blu-ray pass through?

Comment

Yep. Remux in Bluray to Mobile mode, MKV option
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

The Correct Response

The OP is looking for something similar to the DVD to mobile "PS3 VOB passthrough" but for BR. So am I, but have not received a response from Ting or Fentao yet if one is coming. A request for this was posted in the requested features thread by others as well.
          The feature you're (and I) am looking for is Blu-ray to mobile passthrough; something like "PS3 M2TS passthrough" to create ONE LARGE file that the PS3 (and others) will play. M2TS files are analogous to VOB files.
          The processing for the passthrough option is much much faster than the other compressed methods, and w/out any degredation of either video or audio; hence the "passthrough" name.
          Also note that the ps3 will not play mkv's.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

Spot on!

I'm going to try the Full Disc to ISO option, and then use PS3Media server to stream the ISO

Comment

If you're going to use ps3 media server, then you have more options. I stream my media from a NAS media server so I can only play whatever formats the ps3 (and sony) allow me to play.
              The ps3 won't play the mkv file directly, but you can stream it using PMS. Run the mkv remux profile and that should create one file and it is a passthrough container and not compressed.
              Let us know how it turns out.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

Never came right with ps3 media server. I eventually resorted to Blu ray to Mobile, creating an H.264 file (PS3 profile). But the audio, although 5.1, is terrible quality.

Comment

If you are using an audiocopy profile and selecting the correct 5.1 sound track, how can it be any worse than the original?

Are you sure you are doing this as the soundtrack should be untouched?
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    If you are using an audiocopy profile and selecting the correct 5.1 sound track, how can it be any worse than the original?

Are you sure you are doing this as the soundtrack should be untouched?
                    I believe the PS3 profile is MP4 with AAC and does not have an audiocopy option.

If the original audio source is AC3 and not DTS or HD then you might try the "to MKV" options rather than the PS3 profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                      I believe the PS3 profile is MP4 with AAC and does not have an audiocopy option.

If the original audio source is AC3 and not DTS or HD then you might try the "to MKV" options rather than the PS3 profile.
                      Quite right; the PS3 profile does not have an audio copy option.

The original audio is DTS, and the PS3 does not read MKV files.

I'm now trying an AVI h264 profile which does allow audiocopy. We'll see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewg156 View Post
                        Quite right; the PS3 profile does not have an audio copy option.

The original audio is DTS, and the PS3 does not read MKV files.

I'm now trying an AVI h264 profile which does allow audiocopy. We'll see how that goes.
                        Use the free mkv2vob after DVDFab to remux the MKV to something the PS3 will accept. However, if you source is DTS then audiocopy will not work. Last I checked, the PS3 will not accept DTS in a file (only disc).

Comment

Working...
                        X