X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 7.0.5.8 New Ipad Profile

Hi...

THANK YOU for the new iPad Profile in 7.0.5.8!!!!!!

Seems the stuttering problem has been fixed on H.264, the quality is good, etc.

However, there's a couple of issues:

1. Still no rendered subtitles on Avatar. I haven't had the issue on other titles, just Avatar. Yes, English Subtitles with "Only Forced" on.

2. Unless you anually turn cropping off, you get a screwed up aspect ratio. For instance, on a 2.35:1 movie, normally on a DVD conversion, you would crop at 132x132 vertical. The resulting file would be only the "movie" with none of the letterboxing being encoded. Here, you only get one resoltion choice, 1024x768. If you crop, DVDFab should recompute the vertical resolution so you're always at 1024 horizontal and encoding only the acutal picture (for instance on the previously mentioned 132x132 vertical crop you would end up with 1024 x 432). This way, you're using all the bits for video and none for letterboxed black. iPad will happily use just the video and center it in the screen.

3. It would be nice if you could also include a profile for 1280 horizontal resolution, too. Before this profile was released, I have been encoding my iPad movies at 1280x720 (or actually 1280x530) so they are at the highest resolution so they do double duty as iPad movies and "HD" movies on my media server. That way I don't have to have two copies of the same movie. The iPad happily plays up to 1280x720.

thanks for the support you've given by adding iPad!!!!

Stewie
Working...
X