Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creating xvid from dvd folder! A question.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Creating xvid from dvd folder! A question.

PLEASE READ MY POST, HELP REQUEST FOLLOWS. THANK YOU.

When i backup a dvd to folder, i then from folder create xvid. I presume the xvid rips you find on torrent sites are done with other softwear and a lot of work. I always want my xvid rips to be the size of a cd-r disc, 700MB or 1400MB for two disc. And so on. So i change the size to coustom, i choose the size of the rip from how long the movie lasts. 0-90MIN. 700MB. 90-120MIN. 1400MB. You get my point. Could someone please help me with the setup?

I choose avi,xvid,mp3. Correct? What sound size, aspect ratio and so on. Any help? I have tried a few copies and the quality was great, but before i start converting to xvid it would be great to have a few settings so all copies fall under the same, and quality is the same. Thank You.

To be quite honest, the 700Mb limit that you have self-imposed is a crock of..... If you now look at most torrent search sites, the new standard is around 1.3Gb and contains the original AC3 soundtrack.

You will get far better results by choosing a resolution the same as the source (usually 720 x XXX) and a fixed bitrate, 2 pass of around 1100-1400 and uee an audiocopy profile.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Most of the 700mb AVIs use lower-than-DVD resolution, like 656x352 instead of 720x392. They also seem to include 2-channel (stereo), 48Khz/128kb/s audio.

I experimented with this a bit on DVDFab and was not satisfied with the results (although I did not mess with it too much). I wanted smaller files to get the most use out of my network share, but I decided to go with full-resolution Xvid and 128kb/s MP3 stereo (instead of 5.1) audio. The files usually end up being around a gig. It's a compromise between small size and quality, and the files are universally compatible with all my players.

Also, experiment with 1-pass vs. 2-pass.

Comment

Working...
      X