Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Best lossless format for DVDs?

Whats the best format to rip perfect lossless quality videos of all my dvds? Ive used VOB but it usually takes up like 4-5 gigs and I was wondering if there is a similar format that creates smaller files. I use MKV for Blu-Rays but it doesnt appear to be lossless when I use DVD to mobile. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Try using the VOB passthrough located in DVD to Mobile. Also any lossless DVD backup will be 4-5gig in size unless you use Movie only which the Vob passthrough only uses but will be about 3gig in size though

Comment

Well I always only do the main movie anyway. Actually If I am using VOB I use DVD decrypter which will allow me to make it one VOB file cause it gives you the option not to split the file.

What exactly is passthrough gonna do different than any VOB ive already been using?

Comment

not sure but you get one file and you can give it a try to see if it to your liking. That is the only option I can think of that gives you lossless quality except for the FullDVD option or main movie option

Comment

Well it pretty much sounds like the same thing as what I'm been doing, I was hoping for a different format or something.

Comment

only other formats compress and the quality not the same but you can check out this link below and give it a try to see if it what you look for scroll to bottom of link page to see the Hints and Tips part

Comment

DVDFab VOB Passthrough would be the same as what you are doing except that it will generate the files based on the title name (or your preference) rather than you having to rename them later. DVDFab is also much more convenient when there are multiple titles to extract (i.e. TV episodes).

There will be a certain amount of loss with all other methods. However, you may find that H264 with a 2000+ bitrate to be adequate for movies that don't have a lot of wide angle shots or fast movement. Experiment with a chapter or two to find a bitrate that works for you. The size of your TV, the playback device, and even how far you site from the TV all make a difference in what detail you can see.

Comment

Working...
              X