Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Why task 2 start automatically.

Dear All,

Lately, I have this problem with DVDFAB - DVD-Mobile. I did not experience this before.

I am not too sure what settings I have changed, but DVDFAB performed 2 tasked on the same DVD.

DVDFAB completed task 1 and automatically performed the task 2. When I cancel the second task...the completed 1st task could not be used.

The conversion setting on the ENCODING METHOD is fast encoding (1pass) only.... I am not sure why DVDFAB performed 2 task despite choosing only 1 task.

I did not change any settings and have been using DVDFAB without problems until I installed version 7.0.9.0

Thank you for your help.

Kannee

Update to V7092.

Post your logs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
      Update to V7092.

Post your logs.
      Grunon...Thank you for your reply.

I am not sure it updating to the latest version will actually solved the problem. Actually, I did used last version of DVDFAB 6....the result is the same.

Sorry, how do I post logs? Where can I get them?

Thank you

Kannee

Comment

Originally posted by KanNeeNaBu View Post
        Grunon...Thank you for your reply.

I am not sure it updating to the latest version will actually solved the problem. Actually, I did used last version of DVDFAB 6....the result is the same.

Sorry, how do I post logs? Where can I get them?

Thank you

Kannee
        I am not sure it will help either but since every new release has various fix's it is always a good idea to try it first.

The logs are in--- My Documents And Settings. Look for the fab folder and the logs should be there.

Comment

You might also click the "Open Queue" button and check that there is only one task in the queue before clicking "Start"
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            You might also click the "Open Queue" button and check that there is only one task in the queue before clicking "Start"
            That could be it.

Thank you

Kudos to you!!!

Comment

I believe this is happening because of a faulty UI design of DVDFab. To be honest, I'm not too impressed with the UI on DVDFab.

When you select the device type, let's say GENERIC, then select the video track DVDFab it automatically creates a task.

IF, after that, you want to change the device (WITHOUT deselecting the video track on the GENERIC device previously selected), to MKV for example, and select the video track, DVDFab creates another task automatically.

For a $250 software I'd say this is a pretty lame user interface. DVDFab UI is in my opinion an EPIC FAIL.
              Last edited by taos; 08-07-2010, 02:46 AM.

Comment

I think I speak for most around here when I say that feature is brilliant! You can make several different mobile movies from different profiles, if you want to, unattended. The developers even had the foresight to include an “Open Queue” button to check for unintended inclusions before you begin. I for one hope they don’t change a thing about the queue.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  I think I speak for most around here when I say that feature is brilliant! You can make several different mobile movies from different profiles, if you want to, unattended. The developers even had the foresight to include an “Open Queue” button to check for unintended inclusions before you begin. I for one hope they don’t change a thing about the queue.
                  I doubt you speak for the most.
                  Not everyone has an Ipod, an Iphone, a Western Digital player, a Samsung TV with a Media player, a toaster that can play a mkv in the kitchen, etc.. Who has the time and patience, to wait, for let's say 2 hours, for example, to convert a DVD to 4 - 6 formats??
                  The vast majority of people just want to rip/convert their DVD to a movie format that can be played on their machine.

Comment

I agree with 90312 but that is not the point.

This is your first and only warning to cease and desist with your agressive attitude on this forum otherwise you will be winning yourself a holiday from this forum.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                    X