Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can File to Mobile convert 3gp to mpg and I dont know how?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can File to Mobile convert 3gp to mpg and I dont know how?

I'd like to convert the 3gp files to other formats. I am assuming since the 3gp is a cellphone format that the file to mobile is what I should be using.

I would much rather pay for something from dvdfab and get real tech support then get a freebie converter and have to fight with it to get things 'just right'. I am extremely satisified with dvdfab for backing up DVDs so I know the quality of software the dvdfab people produce.

My phone is the Droid X and what I am really looking for is a final solution to copy between 3gp and mpg/wmv/avi back and forth as needed eventually hitting a video editing platform in between but because I know the quality of dvdfab I'd rather cover the conversion process first and use that right away and then research a video editing solution over a longer period of time. If I dont use the converter anymore I'll consider it a donation for the quality of dvdfab dvd backup.

I see the file to mobile has 'to wmv' and 'to avi' but when I click them it just uses the mp4 output anyway. Are they not implemented? Or am I using it wrong?

I also didnt see an mpg conversion option. I know mpg is a step down in quality from mp4 but seems like the people that I want to recieve 90% of my video have a harder time getting an mp4 player to work under windows then me finding a freeware 3gp to mpg converter. (Which as I said I would rather not use.) And before someone starts talking about installing codecs we are talking about grandfathers and aunts and stuff who wouldnt know how to pronounce codec let alone install one.

Thanks in advance for any help. Hoping like mad the admin thats getting the new Droid X gets inspired to put some awesome droid x features into the dvdfab bundles
Working...
X