VOB Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOB Files

I purchased Video Converter because it "says" that it will convert VOB files to other formats. I must admit that I am a bit confused (and little tick'ed for the moment) that all the VOB files I use as input come back and tell me they cannot be converted as they are "Encrypted".

Am I missing something blatently obvious or is there some limitation I am unaware of or does Video Converter not in fact convert VOB files?

One of the DVD's that I had vob files for was my own home movie (of the kids) and even it gave me the encrypted error message. I ripped it with DVD HD decrypter.

Hopefully I am simply missing something!

Are these vob DVD compliant as all you would of needed was DVD Ripper if they are. Your home movies how were they created and are they DVD complaint as well. Also I never knew Video Converter can do vob files but just checked. Guess I should know what a program I own can actually do.

Could you post some log files for your most recent tries where you got the Encrypted message. Log files are located in Document-dvdfab-log and just need the internal and process log for most recent tries

Comment

Sorry,
      I found the log files. They only seemed to indicate statup and shut down times, versions and perhaps what I ripped etc. There was no log file associated with the encryption error.

I only receive the encryption error when I try to select a SOURCE file for conversion to (in this case) MKV. The encryption errors are simply pop-up windows which show each *.vob file is not valid because it is encrypted. I tried this with a dvd that was previously ripped with a much older version of dvdfab and then I re-ripped it with dvdfab 8.0.0.5 and got the exact same results both times.

I didn't get dvd ripper because I wanted the ability to create MKV's (which ripper does not "say" that it can do, but I also have a bunch of previously ripped *.mp4 files that I want to re-manipulate into other formats for newer portable devices ......... So... converter seemed to be the choice since I figured I could always use the free HD decrypter, rip to VOB and then with converter make whatever I wanted. Was I wrong?

Comment

DVD Ripper is what you need to make MKV files out from a disk or a folder ripped to the HDD. And it will make MKV files five different ways for you. Coverter will covert your mp4 files to other formats but won't do DVD structure to anything else.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok... I guess I should have gotten Ripper...

So, before losing the discount(s) I went ahead and got the DVD Copy/Ripper combo for 2 years. Hopefully, I now have all I need.

Comment

Working...
          X