v.8.0.2.2: Iron Man 2, 1-Pass Works, 2-Pass Doesn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) v.8.0.2.2: Iron Man 2, 1-Pass Works, 2-Pass Doesn't

I haven't really tried the BD Ripper function in DVDFab until now. I've been using Passkey along with Ripbot264 to rip my BR's into .MKV files, but after version 7.0.5.2, Passkey isn't working properly on my system; but that's another thread.

Anyway, I tried ripping Iron Man 2 into a .MKV file and I wanted to use the 2-pass encoding method to insure the best quality, but when I tried it would only rip to .04%, then stop reading the disc and just keep counting out the time elapsed, but no fps nor time remaining. No error codes or anything and I let it run for at least 10 minutes waiting to see if the process would kick up again, but nothing, just time elapsed continuing to tick up. I canceled and went back and checked my settings and decided to change just the encoding method to 1-pass and see if that would do it...and IT DID. The entire process only took about an 1.25 hours and starting out the fps was around 30 but got as high as 56fps. (Using CUDA GPU acceleration) Here are the settings:
    Profile: .mkv.h264.audiocopy
    Encoding Method: 1-pass
    <selected>Fixed Bitrate: 4096kbps (approx. 3.8GB)
    Deinterlace: unchecked
    Frame Res.: 1280 x XXX
    Subtitles: none
    All other settings are default. The BD ripper ripped the movie and it played fine (quality looked good, audio/video was in sync, but I didn't watch fully, just skipped to a few different points in the movie), however the video file was almost TWICE the size of the estimated size it should have been coming in @ almost 7GB! However, I'm assuming this is because I didn't select the "Remove HD Audio" feature. I also just tried another, older blu-ray movie and still the same problem using 2-pass method.

I have all the A/V encoders/decoders set to use CUDA. My system specs are: Windows 7 x64
    AMD Phenom 2 X4 965 Processor
    4 GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 470

If any other info is needed to recommend or find a fix, let me know and I'll try to post it. Thanks for any help!
Working...
X