Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 1 Pass or 2 Pass

Hi

Could someone please tell me when would i use 1 pass, and when would i use 2 pass? Is there any advantage of using 1 pass over 2 pass, otherwise why not always use 2 pass?

Thanks

In very simplistic terms:-

2 Pass does a full analysis of the title during the first pass and optimises the second pass from this analysis but takes roughly twice as long.

One pass does an on-the-fly analysis whilst encoding but still does a creditable job.

That being said, I personally always use 2 pass as subjectively, I regards the reaults as marginally better and have always subscribed to the theory, "Do it once, do it right"
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for the advice GregiBoy

Comment

Hi.Noticed your comment re the 1 or 2 pass.I'm a complete novice, having bought an archos 7 160gb tablet the other day,second hand.I downloaded the 30 day trial, and after several dozen attempts finally got it to sort out transformers 2 last night by way of dvd ripping it for archos to my pc.The only problem is it took 8 hours to do this !! Having read the tutorial I know that doing the 2 pass takes more time, but what else am I possibly doing wrong to make it take that long ? I've been trying today to do a sinlge pass with another film,but yet again, the programme keeps stopping mid way thro'.Any advice will be greatly appreciated,regards Stan.

Comment

What settings are you using? It should not take anywhere near that long. What are the specs of your PC?

Re: one-pass vs. two pass, please see this for a different opinion: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=72
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X