Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What and How Many Hànzì do Chinese Students Learn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What and How Many Hànzì do Chinese Students Learn?

I know that for Japanese kanji there is a list of 2,136 characters, the so-called "jôyô kanji" ("kanji for daily use"). Schoolchildren learn the first 1,006 kanji in six years of elementary school ("kyôiku kanji" ["education kanji"]) and the other 1,130 kanji in three years of midddle school. There is also a list with additional kanji for writing Japanese names ("jinmeiyô kanji"). (See also Wikipedia entries.)

Are there also such lists for Chinese hànzì? Is there one with Latinized transcriptions and translations of the hànzì that can be downloaded?

Thank you and many greetings,

Mediafox

The early stages of this concentrate on spoken Chinese and pinyin, the character-based writing is a later option for those seriously needing it. The instructor I had for this had an interesting chart that showed the character counts for different levels of competency, the highest being around 5000. I think the school levels were 1500-2000. I am sure one of the Native speakers will see this and provide better information.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Mediafox,

Thanks for your interests in Elite Chinese learning.
      Generally speaking, there are 85000 Hanzi.

100-200---50% 300-400---65% 581-602---80% 934-971---90% 2341-2400---99%

see the percentage. if you can master 100-200 Hanzi, you are able to read 50% Chinese article. if you learned 300-400 hanzi, you can read 65% Chinese essays.
      Chinese is not as difficult as imagined. Our teacher has systematic teaching method. she will guide one start Chinese learning from "'‘pinyin’ instead of Hanzi. After "Pinyin" learning , you are able to speak , read and make sentences. you will find Chinese easy and fun. when you are available, you can submit a free trial request on http://edu.dvdfab.cn/free

Enjoy your time!

Comment

I took a trial lesson during development of this and the teacher is superb, a professional educator. Easy to understand.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X