No announcement yet.

Does not work with 'Yosemite' DP Beta 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will DVDFAB work for Mac 10.10 (Yosemite)?

I figured that it would be safe to upgrade to Yosemite but the latest version I have won't run. I get the message that "DVDFab won't run on this version of OS"...

Comment

Originally posted by rod97301 View Post
      I figured that it would be safe to upgrade to Yosemite but the latest version I have won't run. I get the message that "DVDFab won't run on this version of OS"...
      Could you please your log file? Thanks!

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I found a couple things out with Yosemite today.

I had my external USB Samsung SE-506 Blu Ray plugged into USB.
        I have no internal superdrive (I removed it and installed an SSD)

I was able to rip a Blu Ray version of Neighbors without any problems. I can Rip Neighbors multiple times. I thought it was an upgrade error when I went to the latest Mac release. So I ripped it, then tried to rip Sex Tape, then went back to Neighbors.

I could not rip a Blu Ray version of Sex Tape. All I ever got was "not responding" for DVDfab. When the Sex Tape Blu Ray was in the drive.

I opened Disk utility and created a .cdr dvd master image of Sex Tape. Ejected the disk. Then changed the .cdr extensions to .iso. I then tried to open DVDfab and received the same error where it would start and I would get the pinwheel of death.

After a couple tries and then putting Neighbors again and seeing that I could successfully rip it. I then decided to unplug the USB Blu Ray player. I opened up DVDfab and it started no problem. I dragged my newly renamed sex_tape.iso file into DVDfab and received an error message about Cinavia.

But I did successfully rip the title and have added it to my library.

An empty Blu Ray player and a Blu Ray with Cinavia... DVDFab fails to start and I am forced to use "Force Quit" on it.

Comment

Following up on my earlier post about DVDFab not working with Yosemite. What I found out was that I didn't have the latest version. In fact, I didn't realize that until I deleted the DVDFab app and reinstalled it. At that point I saw the "US" on the app icon. Once I reinstalled, DVDFab worked just fine.

Comment

Samsung SE-506 Update

Originally posted by tunerX View Post
            I found a couple things out with Yosemite today.

I had my external USB Samsung SE-506 Blu Ray plugged into USB.
            I have no internal superdrive (I removed it and installed an SSD)

I was able to rip a Blu Ray version of Neighbors without any problems. I can Rip Neighbors multiple times. I thought it was an upgrade error when I went to the latest Mac release. So I ripped it, then tried to rip Sex Tape, then went back to Neighbors.

I could not rip a Blu Ray version of Sex Tape. All I ever got was "not responding" for DVDfab. When the Sex Tape Blu Ray was in the drive.

I opened Disk utility and created a .cdr dvd master image of Sex Tape. Ejected the disk. Then changed the .cdr extensions to .iso. I then tried to open DVDfab and received the same error where it would start and I would get the pinwheel of death.

After a couple tries and then putting Neighbors again and seeing that I could successfully rip it. I then decided to unplug the USB Blu Ray player. I opened up DVDfab and it started no problem. I dragged my newly renamed sex_tape.iso file into DVDfab and received an error message about Cinavia.

But I did successfully rip the title and have added it to my library.

An empty Blu Ray player and a Blu Ray with Cinavia... DVDFab fails to start and I am forced to use "Force Quit" on it.
            Also note that there is a Samsung SE-506 update for the Mac available at the Samsung website under firmware. I have the same drive and it was getting buggy till I did the updates

Comment

Working...
            X