• Show
Clear All

and still nothing.......

Comment

So, I've just been told that an M1 version will be out within 1 month

Comment

Originally posted by winna View Post
        So, I've just been told that an M1 version will be out within 1 month
        By who? And why couldn't I have looked at this post end of next month instead of the day after :-(

Comment

Originally posted by michaelc5280 View Post

By who? And why couldn't I have looked at this post end of next month instead of the day after :-(
          By DVDFab of course

Comment

Originally posted by winna View Post

By DVDFab of course
            DVDFab is a company not a who. Reason I asked is because we have seen nothing from the developer that this is the case. Further proven by the statement from the DVDFab Service Team in the other thread. Quote included below...

Originally posted by Mona View Post

There could be some misunderstanding, as there is no estimated time available regarding the M1 version of DVDFab 12 yet.

Comment

I was told on 29 September by highest level Beijing staff that the M1 silicon was supported.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You must have been told wrong. It is not supported, and I am getting tired of waiting for it. The M1 chip is supported on Stream Fav not DVDFab.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  I was told on 29 September by highest level Beijing staff that the M1 silicon was supported.
                  Yeah?

I got this reply:

Dear Customer,

It turns out to support M1 is for StreamFab.
                  DVDFab 12 is not supported yet and we do not know when it would add into support at present.
                  Sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused you.

Sincerely yours,

Vivian Wang

Comment

Originally posted by winna

And now we have M1 PRO and M1 MAX.......just saying

Guess I'll stick with MakeMKV and Handbrake, they BOTH run on M1
                    Handbrake can't create ISO files.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJ View Post

Handbrake can't create ISO files.
                      use disk utility

Comment

https://www.easefab.com/mac-blu-ray-ripper/ has M1 support

Comment

My MacBookPro with M1 has been running DVDFab ( using Rosetta2 ) since I got it 6 months ago - no problems with any menus and using my Pioneer BDR-XD05S drive
                          it would be nice to have it Apple Silicon Native

Comment

Hello winna, I do not see an EaseFab Apple M1 "Universal" version. It may run OK with Rosetta2, but please do a Get Info on the EaseFab app on your Mac and see if it is truly "Application (Universal)" or "Application (Apple Silicon)" and not just "Application (Intel)" - Thanks [I hope you find an Apple Silicon native app] I know the company states "(Apple M1 & 64-bit macOS compatible)" but I don't see an M1 compiled version.

Comment

Installed Easefab on windows because I was curious and it's crap compare to dvdfab

Comment

I've been following this thread for several months now, as I've been using DVDFab on a PC for several years now. Out of interest - following SeattleChris' comment above - I installed it on my m1 macbook air. It appears that the kernel extension (which I believe is what sits between the drive itself and the main application and does the decryption) is a universal binary:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 19.30.58.png
Views:	961
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	403343

Seeing this, I tried ripping some of my blu-ray discs and - although the main DVDFab program shows as being "Intel" Kind (and therefore relying on Rosetta 2), all completed perfectly - which is more than I can say for EaseFab ... out of 5 discs, one failed to rip and two made the laptop reboot when opening the disc at the start of the rip

On the basis of that, I've now added the mac platform licence - hopefully the programmers can develop a native m1/ARM chip version of DVDFab before Apple pull the plug on Rosetta 2

Comment

Working...
                                X