This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair not working

On installing the latest version (dvdfab12_12018_0709bc01) on OSX 10.14.6, I now get on bootup "DVDFab encountered a problem and needs to be repaired".
    Effectively it says it's blocked from loading.
    Clicking "Repair" opens up Security and privacy, but that's about it, even if I unlock it, nothings appearing.
    There's a box for "If this does not work"

It takes me to this link.

Which appears to be instructions for Version 11 of DVDFab to be repaired.

Followed all the instructions, no change.

I either get;

-bash: cd: /Applications/DVDFab 12.app/Contents/MacOS/./fs.sh: No such file or directory

Or

kextload fabio.kext
    /Library/Extensions/fabio.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).
    bash-3.2#

Depending on which instructions from the link I follow, even adjusting for the path being to DVDFab 12 not 11.

I've tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling. No change.

Cannot now get DVDFab to load.

for this here - -bash: cd: /Applications/DVDFab 12.app/Contents/MacOS/./fs.sh: No such file or directory
    make sure that dvdfab has access to your documents folder - https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/allow-dvd...n-catalina.htm

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      for this here - -bash: cd: /Applications/DVDFab 12.app/Contents/MacOS/./fs.sh: No such file or directory
      make sure that dvdfab has access to your documents folder - https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/allow-dvd...n-catalina.htm
      Sadly, there's no files and folders' option on 10.14. That's for Catalina, 10.15.

You do have "Full Disk access".

Perhaps that's the issue - DVDFAB is looking for a 10.15 setting and I'm on 10.14? (Can't upgrade to 10.15 due to DJ software)

Comment

Originally posted by boomhaueruk View Post

Sadly, there's no files and folders' option on 10.14. That's for Catalina, 10.15.

You do have "Full Disk access".

Perhaps that's the issue - DVDFAB is looking for a 10.15 setting and I'm on 10.14? (Can't upgrade to 10.15 due to DJ software)
        uninstall dvdfab, delete the library/extensions/fabio.kext reinstall dvdfab then retry the repair button - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...an-t-read-disc post #7

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

uninstall dvdfab, delete the library/extensions/fabio.kext reinstall dvdfab then retry the repair button - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...an-t-read-disc post #7
          Thanks. Deleted Fabio.kext, reinstalled. It still showed 'upgrade' in the installer, tried that, same thing.

There's obviously something about access it needs that doesn't work in 10.14 even if it worked before with this upgrade.

So I deleted it again, searched for all files, deleted everything, still showing 'upgrade' clicked Standard Install.

This time I got the 'Authorize' box on startup, so that was encouraging, though once again it thought the computer was different from the previous install. Sigh. Unauthorised all my machines, started up...

Thought it would work, but no. Once again it brought up the 'repair button', which then failed.
          Same loop, opens up system preferences, security, but I think it's looking for 10.15's "Files and Folders" which isn't in 10.14.

Still can't use DVDFAB.

Comment

Confirmed. Still not working.

Comment

I have the same problem. Running 10.13.6. Everything was working fine before latest upgrade. I never see the "allow" box.

Comment

I'm running into the exact same issue as harmony . MAC version 10.13.6 is the latest version, no OS updates currently.

DVDFab:

Your Version: 12.0.1.8 (Official)
                Latest Version: 12.0.1.8 (Official)

When clicking on repair, the "allow" box never pops up, even after I correctly enter my password. Run the "repair" again with the Security & Privacy
                unlocked, no "allow" box.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 9.41.22 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	390776

I also went to the link that is supposed to help repair the issue and the instruction clearly state for previous versions to DVDFab MAC version12. But went ahead and tried. There is no \Extensions path nested in the \Library path.

The last DVDFab MAC upgrade broke the software. Please fix right away, this is absolutely absurd.
                Last edited by RedRocket; 02-17-2021, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Hi guys, please run the previous version 12015 to try again and feedback, thanks.

Comment

Mona Thank you. That does appear to have resolved the situation for now. Of course the software is going to continue to "nag" me to update, I will check release notes for versions after 12.0.1.8 to see if it is listed that a fix put in place for MAC OS 10.13.6.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                      Hi guys, please run the previous version 12015 to try again and feedback, thanks.
                      Hi, I removed 12.0.1.8 on OsX 10.14.6 and reinstalled 12.0.1.5 as requested.

Yes, that works fine.

So it appears DVDFab 12.0.1.8 has issues with OSX 10.14 and DVDFab 12.0.1.8 has issues with OSx 10.13

Patch/Fix please!
                      Last edited by boomhaueruk; 02-18-2021, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Removed 12.0.1.8 and installed 12.0.1.5. Working normally again.

Comment

Hi all, thank you for the update, the developer will figure it out, time is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                            Hi all, thank you for the update, the developer will figure it out, time is needed.
                            So a month later....where are we? Any update on the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by boomhaueruk View Post

So a month later....where are we? Any update on the issue?
                              Please install this version https://dvdfab-temp.s3-ap-northeast-...37_45_notarize d.pkg over version 12015 to run again and see whether DVDFab can read discs well on your mac or not. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X