Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GTX 1060 "Your hardware configuration does not support hardware decoding for 4K UHD"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTX 1060 "Your hardware configuration does not support hardware decoding for 4K UHD"

I have installed DVDFab Media Player versions 3.1.0.0, 3.1.0.1 and 3.1.0.2 on my Windows 7 x64 system, with a Nvidia GTX 1060 (Pascal series) video card, driver version 384.76. Whenever I try to play back 4K UHD content, I receive the error message "Your computer hardware configuration does not support hardware decoding for 4K UHD Blu-Rays". Clearly the GTX 1060 is H.265 HEVC capable, and the pascal series is listed on the DVDFab website as a supported card, so I am at a loss.

I currently have a support ticket open, but wanted to post on the forum to ask if anyone with a GTX 1060 has been able to play back UHD content without the above error. If so, can you please post which driver version you are using? I'd roll back to an older driver version to get this working, so appreciate if anyone can confirm how they were able to get their similar setup working.

Thanks!

-dgray

Hi dgray, We test paly a 4K BD Blu-Ray folder, work fine on our PC.
    Please Tell us your 4K UHD Blu-Ray Disc name,
    And post player log file.
    Thanks!
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

The log file is attached... the content is a movie stored on the hard drive. Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Go into Fab Media player settings under video settings set to DXVA from software try again I have same card and driver no problem like Wilson.

Comment

Still no luck, but thanks 3dman7 for confirming the same card and driver works. Are you using Win7 x64?

I'm going to boot from an external drive with a clean install of windows and see how that works. Might be a day or two before I can report back.

-dgray

Comment

I did a 100% clean install of Windows 7 x64, and DVDFab Media Player version 3.1.0.2 with Nvidia drivers 384.76 failed immediately with the same error - Your computer hardware configuration does not support hardware decoding for 4K UHD Blu-Rays. 3dman7: You are running Windows 7 x64, right????

Anyhow, as a test I installed Windows 10 1607 x64, DVDFab Media Player version 3.1.0.2 with Nvidia drivers 384.76 and guess what, it played back the video. Nothing else has changed on my end, so I can only conclude Windows 7x64 is not properly supported. However, HDR was not activated. I saw another post about no HDR, I'll be replying in the thread as well.

-dgray

Comment

Working...
            X